Southern Cappadocia Tour With Ihlara Canyon - Goreme
OverviewNatural and cultural Wonders Tour!!!Rise and shine! We have a big day ahead of us jam packed with the very best of cultural and natural assets that Cappadocai has to offer! Imagine if you will, the lives of early Christians intent on maintaining and growing their faith and religion, building their churches in caves and escaping Roman persecution by building complete cities underground! Its all here.Goreme Panorama + Derinkuyu Underground City + Hiking in Ihlara Valley + Lunch in Belisirma + Yaprakhisar Panorama ( Star Wars Movie Set) + Selime Monastery + Pigeon Valley
Know More about this tourAfter breakfast we collect you from your hotel in cappadocia and drve to Goreme Panorama to give you information about the region and free time to take foto of the valleys around the Goreme town. This point also gives you a chance to see higgest volcanic mountain of the region (Mount Argeus 3917 meters).
DERINKUYU UNDERGROUND CITY
All of the Cappadocian region was subjet to frequent raids by many and varied conquering tribes and nations throughtout the ages and for the most part it was the Christians who were subject to persecution so they went underground because the terrain was so easy to tunnel through. Here they built complete cities that sheltered the people and their animals for centuries. Derinkuyu is the largest and deepest of these cities with at 8 floors and at a depth of 65metres.
Ihlara Valley, the largest, deepest and longest canyon in Cappadocia. Its beauty is breathtaking and you will be amazed as we hike approximately 4 km along the river into the valley, visit several cave churches and arrive in Belisirma for a well earned lunch on a floating terrace on the Melendiz River.
We will taste Ecologic vegetables and frouts of the Valley and Most famous Cappadocian Foods like Pottery Kebab, Fish from the Melendiz River.
where you will see many connical formations that are commonly known as the fairy chimneys. The other rock formations may remind you of the Sandy People from StarWars movie in 1970.
There are manything to say about Selime Monastery which is carved 8 floor in to the volcanic rock, is the largest complex of its kind in Cappadocia. Some time It has been used as a Monastery , some time it was Shelter, some time Watchtower some time Caravanserai. Originaly its build for honor of St.Gregory of Nazianus at 6th Century then restored at 13th Century by Selime Hatun who is one of Selcuk Turks Queen.
As the day comes to a close we will visit Pigeon Valley where you will gain a birds eye view of these 3-4 floor pigeon houses and importantly why they are so prolific and the value and purpose they have served the inhabitants of Cappadocia to this very day.
Inclusions for Southern Cappadocia Tour With Ihlara Canyon
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- 3-course lunch
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Southern Cappadocia Tour With Ihlara Canyon
- Tips to Driver and Guide ( Optional )
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Guiding Service in English
10 per person extra chage for Spanish & Portuguese & Arabic guide
Drinks During Lunch
Tips to Guide and Driver
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- One day Konya Tour from Cappadocia
- Cappadocia Escape 2 Day Trip from-to Kayseri Airport
- Full day Cappadocia tour with sunset and a glass of wine
- 2 Days Cappadocia Tours From Istanbul by Plane
- 4 Days Istanbul to Cappadocia by Plane
- Daily Salt Lake Tour from Cappadocia
- Luxury Cappadocia Tours from Istanbul 3 days 2 night
- Dervishes (Sema) Ceremony in Cappadocia