OverviewSeeÂ what is like to be behind bars and tour former NC prison that is now Southern Grace Distilleries and learn about the history of the prison and how award winning whiskey is crafted. A tasting is part of this tour for those 21 and older. Participants 20 years old and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and tickets are required for visitors 2 years of age and older. Tours are handicapped accessible. No need for shipping. Your arm bands will be ready when you arrive. Please try to arrive 5 to 10 minutes ahead of tour time to allow time for mug shots!
Know More about this tour
Explore our 90 year old North Carolina Prison after Dark and experience unchartered locations on the grounds that are not normally available to roam. Our tour is only lit by flashlights and takes you throughout the 9 buildings on the prison campus.Â We don't need people dressed up as zombies or ghosts to give you a haunting experience.Â Our prison History will do that by itself!Â Â When you arrive you will check in at our visitor check in building and sign a liability waiver and then go to our visitor's center which is located in the old prison chapel. You will have an opportunity to have your mug shot done as well as a behind bars photo and then be issued flashlights and given a safety briefing. Your guide will then take you behind the gates of the prison by moonlight and flashlight only. You will visit each of the buildings of the old prison including the hot box, solitary, the mess hall and dorms. The tour ends with a tasting of our Southern Grace Distillery whiskey products.
- There are food trucks on site the night the After Dark Tours run.Â The tour always begins at 7:00Â pm and requires each person to sign a Â liability waiver.
Inclusions for Southern Grace Distillery After Dark Prison Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Southern Grace Distillery After Dark Prison Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
45-minutes East of Charlotte NC
21+ Only on this tour
Must sign a waiver liability form upon arrival
Food trucks will be on site each night the After Dark Tour runs.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.