Southern Highlands And Whisky Distillery With Tastings Day Trip From Edinburgh
OverviewWhisky is more than just a golden-brown libation with earthy, peaty aromas and tastes. It’s a way of life in Scotland as well as part of the country's culture and history. This guided day trip leaves Edinburgh for the Southern Highlands to visit the Famous Grouse distillery and enjoy a special tour of Warehouse No. 9. Followed by a tasting, of course. But because you cannot live on whisky alone, you'll also visit castles, cathedral and waterfalls, and learn about the history of Scotland before returning to Edinburgh.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Edinburgh, then after hopping on the comfortable shuttle bus, begin your journey to the Southern Highlands.
Pass by the imposing Stirling Castle, one of the most important fortresses in the country. Sitting on a large crag, Stirling Castle has seen several Scottish monarchs crowned here. Youll hear the stories that made William Wallace legendary and see the battlefields and castles that have influenced Scotlands past and present.
Further north we arrive at the The Famous Grouse Experience, one of the most celebrated distilleries of the Highlands. Youll be taken on an informative tour before being escorted to the exclusive Warehouse No. 9. This rooms unique aromas and impressive displays are truly breath-taking, and your private nosing and tasting is the only whisky lesson youll ever need. After a light lunch at the distillerys restaurant, we make our way to Perthshire, where we take a gentle stroll through the woodlands to the cascading Black Linn Falls on the River Braan
After, recharge with a sandwich lunch and take a stroll around Black Linn Falls on the Braan River.
On the journey back to Edinburgh, stop by Dunkfeld Cathedral, an impressive Gothic structure that was begun in 1260 and finished about 240 years later.
Inclusions for Southern Highlands And Whisky Distillery With Tastings Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Admission to the Famous Grouse Experience
- Guided whisky tasting
- Lunch (soup and sandwich)
- Souvenir map
Exclusions for Southern Highlands And Whisky Distillery With Tastings Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: As this tour celebrates whisky, it is unsuitable for those under the age of 18.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour of Edinburgh
- Extended Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Old Town
- 1-hour Pickering's Gin Jolly Distillery Tour and Tasting in Edinburgh
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh New Town
- Architecture Tour of Edinburgh Dean village
- Private Evening Summer 3hr Tour of Edinburgh in a Mini Cooper
- Shore Excursion: The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh