From USD 125.11
OverviewWhisky is more than just a golden-brown libation with earthy, peaty aromas and tastes. It’s a way of life in Scotland as well as part of the country's culture and history. This guided day trip leaves Edinburgh for the Southern Highlands to visit the Famous Grouse distillery and enjoy a special tour of Warehouse No. 9. Followed by a tasting, of course. But because you cannot live on whisky alone, you'll also visit castles, cathedral and waterfalls, and learn about the history of Scotland before returning to Edinburgh.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Edinburgh, then after hopping on the comfortable shuttle bus, begin your journey to the Southern Highlands.
Pass by the imposing Stirling Castle, one of the most important fortresses in the country. Sitting on a large crag, Stirling Castle has seen several Scottish monarchs crowned here. Next up, move on to Glenturret Distillery, home to the Famous Grouse Experience. Roam around the interactive distillery on a tour and learn about the history of the place. Then, take part in a fun and educational whisky tasting. The tasting takes place in the exclusive Warehouse No. 9, a room with unique aromas and impressive displays.
After, recharge with a sandwich lunch and take a stroll around Black Linn Falls on the Braan River. On the journey back to Edinburgh, stop by Dunkfeld Cathedral, an impressive Gothic structure that was begun in 1260 and finished about 240 years later.
Inclusions for Southern Highlands And Whisky Distillery With Tastings Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Admission to the Famous Grouse Experience
- Whisky samples
- Lunch (soup and sandwich)
- Souvenir map
Exclusions for Southern Highlands And Whisky Distillery With Tastings Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Royal Edinburgh Ticket Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tours And Edinburgh Castle Admission
- Edinburgh Night Walking Including Historic Underground Vaults
- Outlander Film Locations Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Loch Ness, Glencoe And The Highlands Small-Group Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Hadrian's Wall, Roman Britain And The Scottish Borders
- Whisky-Tasting Day Trip From Edinburgh
- 3-Day Budget Isle Of Skye And The Highlands Tour From Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Tour In Private Minibus
- VIP Minibus Tour To The Highlands And West Coast From Edinburgh
- 2-Day Tour To The Highlands In A Private Minibus From Edinburgh - Islands And The West Coast