OverviewThis tour covers the best part of Sri Lankas South Coast. You'll visit Galle, rich in colonial heritage, and explore the iconic Dutch Fort that encloses the city. You can walk along the ramparts and the cobblestone pathways that crisscross through the fort. Visit Ambalangoda mask factory and experience a memorable boat ride at Maduganga Ganga before visiting the Turtle Hatchery.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo, Colombo, or Mount Lavinia and then transfer to Galle and visit Dutch Fort. The fort is a historical, archaeological and architectural heritage monument, which even after more than 423 years maintains a polished appearance, thanks to extensive reconstruction work done by Archaeological Department of Sri Lanka.
Next stop is Ambalangoda, known for its exquisite collection of native masks, carved throughout the generations of professional carvers from the region. Don's miss the variety of masks available for sale, as the current productions are more garish and vibrant in colour.
Later on you will visit Balapitiya and have lunch at Gangabada Asiriya Restaurant. After lunch, you can discover the unique beauty of Maduganga River on a boat trip. A relatively unspoiled lagoon, the Maduganga estuary is a 915-hectare complex coastal wetland ecosystem that opens to the Indian Ocean.
Late afternoon, you will visit a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda. Here, these almost-extinct turtles are breed and cared for. extinct form Sri Lanka. Visitors can see the new born turtles and even be a part of the process of releasing them in the sea. You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Southern Sri Lanka Sightseeing Private Day Trip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Turtle Hatchery
- Boat ride in Balapitiya
- Lunch at Gangabada Asiriya Restaurant
Exclusions for Southern Sri Lanka Sightseeing Private Day Trip
- Entrance fee to the sites not mentioned in price Includes section
- Tips to guides, restaurants. Tipping is expected
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.