From USD 113.86
OverviewExperience the unspoiled nature of southwest Mauritius on this day trip from your island hotel. With an expert guide, travel to the verdant Rivire Noire District, where high mountain peaks, volcanic formations and nature reserves dominate. Visit towering Chamarel Waterfall and the striking Seven Coloured Earth dunes, sample rum at a local distillery, and savor a 3-course Mauritius lunch. End at the ancient Trou aux Cerfs crater, boasting sweeping island views. Numbers are limited to 15 on this small-group tour, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour day starts with pickup from your hotel on the north, east, west or south side of the island. Enjoy the scenery and learn about the area’s flora, fauna and history from your guide as you drive along the west coast to the Rivière Noire District. Pass through Le Morne, La Prairie and Macondé before curving back into the mountains to the picturesque village of Chamarel.
Visit Chamarel Waterfall, the tallest waterfall in Mauritius that plunges more than 328 feet (100 meters) against a scenic backdrop of forests and mountains. Continue to the Seven Coloured Earth, a striking geological formation created by volcanic rocks that cooled at different temperatures. Admire the exposed hillsides glowing with red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow colors.
Next, head to La Rhumerie de Chamarel distillery to sample local rum. Follow your tasting with a delicious, traditional 3-course lunch served with Chamarel coffee and water at a local restaurant.
After lunch, continue up to a high plateau and reach a viewpoint over Black River Gorges National Park. Listen as your guide points out the variety of flora and fauna thriving below.
In the district of Savanne, visit the secluded Grand Bassin lake, an important place of worship for Mauritian Hindus. Continue on to the Trou aux Cerfs, a huge volcanic crater formed millions of years ago. From here you’ll enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the island before you head to see the Shop of Ship Model.
The art of ship modeling was brought to Mauritius by various sailors who visited this island. Le Port’s eye for detail and quality has many customers visiting them from around the world. Their craftsmen are adept in the art of miniaturization and the techniques of replica work. At times it requires more than six months for a craftsman to produce a particular model. They also create half models and replicas.
Your tour concludes with a drop-off at your hotel in the evening.
Inclusions for Southwest Mauritius Day Trip: Chamarel Waterfall, Trou Aux Cerfs, And Seven Coloured Earth
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Rum samples (over 18yrs only)
- Lunch with Chamarel coffee
Exclusions for Southwest Mauritius Day Trip: Chamarel Waterfall, Trou Aux Cerfs, And Seven Coloured Earth
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.