Soviet Past - Day Trip To Chiatura Mine Town With Stalins Rope Roads And Hidden Cliff Monasteries - Tbilisi
OverviewDiscover the non-touristic Georgia on our private day trip to Chiatura, the macabre town of Soviet cableways, also known the the "flying coffins" of StalinDare to take a ride in the rusty cable cars, overlooking the the old factories and see how the locals live in Chiatura.. Visit a hidden monastery in a small cave. Enjoy the charm of abandoned Soviet architecture combined with picturesque natural scenery on the way. See one of the local wonders - a monastery built on a stone pillar, the Katskhi pillar.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your tour at 9:30am. On the way to Chiatura, you will have a chance to stop to try the famous Nazuki bread in Surami village which is baked only there. While traveling, you will also enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Imereti region.
From there you will proceed to Chiatura, the mine town located in a beautiful gorge. Here you will see many abandoned industrial buildings, some of the factories are still working. We encourage you to take a ride in one of the cableways of Chiatura. It is a thrilling and definetely a once in a lifetime experience. From the top of the hill you will have a perfect view over Chiatura and mines.
Your next stop is the Mgvimevi monastery which is not easy to find, as it is hidden in a rock. From there we will visit another hidden gem of Georgia - the Katkskhi pillar, a monastery around a stone pillar, on which stands a small church.
Driving along the scenic Chiatura-Zestaponi road our last stop will be the town of Zestaponi. Here there still exists a the biggest working factory in Georgia.
You are invited to try a local legendary food (not included) - penovani khachapuri pies- something only locals know about and that are baked in a cafe which looks like it never left the Soviet era.
Inclusions for Soviet Past - Day Trip To Chiatura Mine Town With Stalins Rope Roads And Hidden Cliff Monasteries
- Ride in the old cable cars of Chiatura and explore the abandoned areas
- Visit the Mgvimevi monastery - the only one where the church is built inside a natural cave
- Katskhi sveti - a natural stone pilar with a church on top
- Private tour with professional guide
- Perfect for photographers
Exclusions for Soviet Past - Day Trip To Chiatura Mine Town With Stalins Rope Roads And Hidden Cliff Monasteries
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amazing Jeep Tour from Tbilisi to Gudauri
- Private Tour to Kazbegi and Juta from Tbilisi
- Hike to Gveleti waterfall by Kazbegi in a private day trip
- Private 2 days trip to Shatili Khevsureti mountains incl khinkali workshop
- 2 Days Gudauri tour !
- 2-Day Hike from Juta to Roshka via Chaukhi Pass
- Private Tour to Kazbegi from Tbilisi
- Tour to Mestia from Tbilisi