This tour will take you along a memory lane that might be a hard pill to swallow but you will learn and see how our rainbow nation has picked itself up and dusted itself off to build something that we can all be proud of. Visit museums, sample great foods and buy local curios.The tour comprises of:A visit to see the Freedom Charter in Klipfontein.A chance to view the grand FNB stadium built for the 2010 soccer world cup. The stadium can seat 87 436 people and is known as the Calabash as it is shaped after an African pot.The famous Vilakazi street is where its all happening. This street is famous for housing two great freedom fighters, the late Nelson Mandela and the Archbishop Desmond Tutu. If youre looking for a high dose of culture and experience, then Vilakazi street is a must see.Nelson Mandelas house is now a museum which you can go in and view. Desmond Tutus house we can view from outside. The street is not only famous for its history but also for its vibey energy, top restaurants and local vendors.Dont miss out on the Hector Pieterson museum not far away. Here you will learn about the student uprising, and the courage the students showed against the apartheid schooling curriculum.The Regina Mundi church, this is the largest Catholic church in Soweto. The church is famous for opening its doors to anti-apartheid activists and providing shelter to people during the Soweto uprising of June 16, 1976, where students fled for safety from police. Bullet holes can still be seen in the churchs structure today. The church is closed for viewing on Sundays due to mass.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs
Departure Details :
Centrally located Johannesburg hotels
OverviewVisit the famous Vilakazi street in downtown Soweto where you can visit Nelson Mandelas original house and the house of Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Experience the African cuisine at a local eatery and perhaps have a walk down the local residents houses to experience true township life.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.