OverviewDiscover two of the most important landmarks in Rome on this 2-hour tour. Begin in the Piazza di Spagna and hear of its fascinating past from your guide. Ascend the Spanish Steps to enjoy beautiful views over the city below. Pass the ancient Acqua Vergine aqueduct, and continue on to the stunning Trevi Fountain. Marvel at its baroque design, toss a coin to ensure your return to the city and delve underground to explore the Roman ruins that lie beneath. Group sizes limited to 10 to ensure a personalized experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourBegin your tour at the Piazza di Spagna, widely considered one of the most famous squares in Rome. Soak up the atmosphere in this bustling and busy part of the city and perhaps take the time to capture its sights on camera. The Fontana della Barcaccia (Sinking Boat fountain) dominates the center of the square, surrounded on all sides by many beautiful ochre-colored buildings.
Leave the Piazza di Spagna behind you and set off up the Spanish Steps, as your knowledgeable guide explains the fascinating history and heritage associated with this part of Rome. This set of 135 steps was designed by architects Francesco de Sanctis and Alessandro Specchi in the 18th century, and links the Piazza di Spagna with the Piazza Trinità dei Monti above. Enjoy panoramic views of the large square below and the city beyond as you climb.
Pause on your tour to admire the Acqua Vergine, one of the aqueducts constructed centuries ago to carry fresh water from the Alban Hills to the city’s many fountains. To this day, you can still see people filling bottles with fountain water supplied by the aqueduct.
Continue onward to the famous Trevi Fountain, built in the baroque style and considered by many to be the most impressive of all Rome’s fountains. Toss a coin into the flowing water, using your right hand over your left shoulder as tradition dictates, and perhaps pose for photographs in front of the fountain.
Venture down an alleyway near the fountain to the Vicus Caprarius, an ancient passageway leading to the Roman ruins beneath the Trevi Fountain. Discover the underground complex that lies beneath the fountain, and listen as your guide explains what this archaeological find has taught us about life in imperial Rome between the 1st and 4th centuries AD. Look out for structures such as a water cistern, staircases and passages among the ruins, which had been lying undisturbed for centuries.
At the conclusion of your 2-hour guided tour, enjoy exploring the rest of Rome at your leisure.
Inclusions for Spanish Steps And Vicus Caprarius Underground Small-group Tour
- Professional archeological guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Spanish Steps And Vicus Caprarius Underground Small-group Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.