OverviewTaste the flavors of the four corners of the Spanish geography and its islands in the Spanish Wine Tasting, with 6 wines from different local grapes and wine regions with certified Denomination of Origin.The Spanish wine tastings are held at a restaurant overlooking the Retiro park (the core of Madrid avant-garde gastronomy), conducted by a sommelier and wine journalist with 10 years experience in wine. Relaxed and casual atmosphere to taste, learn and talk over some snacks.
- Excellent value for money
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
In this Spanish wine tasting you will taste very unique wines from regions other than the typical Rioja or Ribera del Duero that you can find in most of Spanish restaurants or back at your home cities. An experience not only for people interested in Spanish wine but to everyone who enjoys seen his wine knowledge challenged. Relaxed and casual atmosphere to taste, learn and talk over some snacks.
Our Spanish wine tasting is held at a tavern near the Retiro park (the core of Madrid avant gard gastronomy), conducted by a sommelier and wine journalist with 10 years experience in wine divulgation.The one and only open Spanish wine tasting in Madrid in English. A unique and exclusive activity for wine lovers. Wines carefully selected that will make you understand the great variety that exists in Spain.
We do not have agreements with wineries and our sommeliers choose the wines for their organoleptic properties that will delight your palate and widen your wine horizons.
How is a Spanish Wine Tasting in the Retiro Park neighborhood with Gourmet Madrid
First of all, we will meet at the meeting point at a“ Restaurant “near Retiro Park
The starting time is at 11:15 am or 17:30 pm it depends on your booking choice (please be there 5 minutes before)
There you will meet your sommelier for the Spanish Wine Tasting and your tasting companions, with whom to learn and have fun with wines.The Tasting
Once you are settled, the tasting begins. Your sommelier will make a brief introduction and then the wines will be served.
The structure of the Spanish wine tasting is:
- The first wine (typically white) is served. It is interactively discussed and you will be provided with information about its denomination of origin and its enological attributes.
- Second Wine (typically white).
- Third Wine (typically red).
- Fourth Wine (typically red).
- Fifth Wine (typically red).
- Sixth Wine (typically red).
While the wines are tasted, some snacks will be offered, like Cheese, olives and Iberian cold cuts.
Wines will be compared among them in different rounds to see how do they evolve as they breathe in an interactive discussion. And once you have the six samples, It will be made a small comparative tasting.
“This Spanish Wine Tasting is best way to get an overview on Spanish wines”
Inclusions for Spanish Wine Tasting In Madrid
- Wine tasting of 6 different wines, usually 2 whites and 4 reds
- Snacks (cheese, olives, and cold cuts)
- Local expert sommelier. (Our instructors will always be wine professionals)
- Learn about the unique range of grape varietals and wine styles raised in Spain’s 69 different ‘Denominations of Origin’ regions
- Wines of different grapes (Garnacha, Airen, Mencía, Tempranillo, Albillo, Monastrel among them)
- Minimum number of participants for tour to take place is 2. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the rare event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Small-group with a maximum of 12 people ensure a more personalized experience. (average 6 people)
- All taxes included, no extra charges.
Exclusions for Spanish Wine Tasting In Madrid
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum number of participants for tour to take place is 2. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.