Special Combo: Colosseum Guided Tour Plus Squares And Fountains Walking Tour - Rome
OverviewSpecial combined tour to see the main feature of the Eternal City. Start from Colosseum, join a skip the line group tour option. Then you will pass to have a walking tour along the narrow streets of the city center admiring the highlights of Rome.
Know More about this tourStarting at 3:00 pm, visiting the symbol of the Ancient Roman world, the Colosseum. Walk past the often-long lines with your skip-the-line ticket. Live a special experience inside this majestic monument. You will have a pleasant stroll in the history and glory of the Roman Empire. Your informative guide will make your experience funny and full of good memories. Hear about the engineeringgenius of the Romans:about the fascinating and terrifying history of the Colosseum marked bybloody gladiator battles,and mad emperoros who playd as gladiators.The tour is approximately 1-hour and is suitable for all ages, including children.
Once finished your Colosseum guided tour, reach by your own the next stop of your tour in Rome: the Spanish Steps, where your walking tour around the city centre will start at 5:00 pm.
Admire the Barcaccia fountain in the middle of the Square, from there, in the Quirinale district of Rome, we will walk to the Trevi Fountain, which is known as one of the most stunning fountains in the world. But theres a lot more than just beauty behind this famous fountain and you will get to know.The tour of the squares and fountains continues to the Pantheon, built as a temple to all the gods of Olympus, the dome of the Pantheon is the largest in the world since ancient times.After spending some time at the Pantheon we will head at Piazza Navona. The history of this baroque square dates back to ancient Roman times, Piazza Navona is the delight of Baroque Rome, with architectural elements and sculptures by masters such as Gian Lorenzo Bernini (Fountain of the Four Rivers in the center of the square, which is the Danube, the Ganges, the Nile and the Rio de la Plata, the four corners of the Earth), Francesco Borromini and Girolamo Rainaldi (the Church of St. Agnes in Agony, in front of the fountain by Bernini), and Pietro da Cortona (author of the frescoes of the gallery of the Palazzo Pamphili).We will then continue our stroll to Campo de Fiori. Since 1869 the square has been the home to a colorful local market of groceries.
Leaving Campo de Fiori our guide will lead you to the enigmatic site of Julius Caesars assassination. The place is called Sacra Area di Largo di Torre Argentina, where, according to historians, Julius Caesar was stabbed to death.
The final stop of the Rome Highlights Walking Tours is at the Vittoriano, commemorating the unification of Italy, this monument was begun in 1885 and inaugurated in 1911 in honour of Victor Emmanuel II of Savoy, the first king of Italy. The views that it offers once you are on his top, are really amazing and spectacular.
- Trevi Fountain
and many more on the way...
Inclusions for Special Combo: Colosseum Guided Tour Plus Squares And Fountains Walking Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges, Entrance fees, Admission ticket, Headsets to hear the guide clearly, Professional art historian guide, Guaranteed to skip the long lines, Walking tour
Exclusions for Special Combo: Colosseum Guided Tour Plus Squares And Fountains Walking Tour
- Food and drinksGratuities (optional)Hotel pickup and drop-offTransportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child discount from 14 to 18 years old is applied only with a valid ID card
Important: please note that you cannot get to the Colosseum with large bags, backpacks, or suitcases. You may bring small bags, but there is no cloakroom service inside the Colosseum to accommodate large items
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
At the end of the Colosseum Tour, guests who wish to access the Roman Forum & Palatine will be accompanied by a member of our staff
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience