Spectacular Blue Mountains Empress Canyon And Abseiling Experience - Sydney
OverviewSpectacular Empress Canyon8:45am - 4:00pmA fantastic abseiling/canyon combination, one of the mountains best!The first half of the day is abseiling, starting with a 5 metre high cliff and building up to 30 metre high cliffs during the morning.After lunch, it's a scenic 20 minute walk to the start of the canyon. You wade into the creek that descends into the narrow slot-like canyon and within a few seconds you are jumping into a rock pool, the first of several jumps and swims. This canyon is an exciting affair with water jumps, exhilarating swims, waterslides and fantastic scenery.The final abseil out of the canyon is one of the best waterfall abseils in the mountains. Clip into the rope, step back and follow the 30 metre waterfall down to the deep rock pool below. This is not just a brilliant waterfall abseil but also a fantastic photo opportunity.
Know More about this tourArrive at our office at 8.45am.
We do all the necessary paperwork.
We then go to our gear room, where we get you organised with helmets, harnesses and wet suits.
Once organised we jump into one of our 14 seater buses and head out to the abseiling location.
After the safety brief we start abseiling on a small cliff, we progress through the morning up to 30 meter high abseils.
At around midday we have a picnic lunch
The drive to the canyon takes around 10 minutes, Once we arrive we head down through a temperate rain forest to the start of the canyon.
We change out of our clothes into our wet suites and put our clothes into a dry bag and canyon pack which is provided for you.
Once in the canyon its all water jumps and swims.
When we get to the end of the canyon we set the ropes up at the top of the waterfall and "down we go"
We spend a bit of time at the bottom of the falls then its a 25 to 35 minute uphill hike back to the vehicle.
Arrive back at the office generally by 4.30 for a welldeserved beer or soft drink.
Inclusions for Spectacular Blue Mountains Empress Canyon And Abseiling Experience
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by private vehicle
- Small-group tour
- Use ofequipment for the Canyon and Abseiling activities -helmets, harnesses and wet suits
Exclusions for Spectacular Blue Mountains Empress Canyon And Abseiling Experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 13 and under
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sydney to Brisbane Hop-on Hop-off Travel Pass
- Blue Mountains Day Trip
- Private 3-Day Luxury Sydney Tour Including a Holistic Massage Treatment
- Hunter Valley Wine Tasting Day Tour from Sydney
- Sydney Walking Tour: Introduction to Photography
- Private Arrival Transfer: Sydney Airport to Hotel or Cruise Port
- Learn to Surf at Sydney's Maroubra Beach
- Sydney Shore Excursion: The Original Guided Walking Tour of The Rocks