Speyside & Badenoch - Glasgow
OverviewSpeyside & BadenochThe river Spey itself is well known internationally not just for its peaty water, treasured by the distillers, but also for its excellent salmon fishing.
Know More about this tour
The river Spey itself is well known internationally not just for its peaty water, treasured by the distillers, but also for its excellent salmon fishing.
Anglers from all over the world come to the Spey in search of the elusive one which often seems to get away.
If you have time and are a railway enthusiast, we can include a visit to the Speyside Steam Railway, reconstructed by enthusiasts and now extended to run from Boat of Garten to Aviemore.
Aviemore itself was, not that long ago, a sleepy Highland village. Today it is a major Scottish Ski Resort. All kinds of winter sports are enjoyed here. When the snow appears people descend from far and wide.
Hardly a square mile of this country has not been involved in a battle or skirmish of some kind at some time. Balladeers notoriously use liberal quantities of poetic licence and have a scant regard to the calendar when they immortalise the events of history. For example, their minstrelsy regarding the events in the ancient ballad of The Haughs of Cromdale, the site of which we visit today, document two different battles a mere 45 years and 20 miles apart. The scene of the first one is at Auldearn.
In the Strath of the lovely River Spey lie very many of the world-famous Highland Distilleries. Glen Grant, Glenfiddich, Glenfarclas and other renowned brands of single malt whiskies emanate from this beautiful area.
In Springtime and Summer the changing colours of the Cairngorm Mountains set against the panorama of the various lochs are a sight to behold.
Visits to the Osprey Hide (in season) are an option. The Highland Wildlife Park at Kincraig, the award winning Heather Centre at Dulnain Bridge, The Waltzing Waters and the Ruthven Barracks at Kingussie are all worth seeing.
Inclusions for Speyside & Badenoch
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Live entertainment
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Speyside & Badenoch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Driver will pick up from your location and drop off at your required final destination.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Highland and Speyside Explorer Tour from Inverness
- Loch Ness Cruise and Urquhart Castle Visit from Inverness
- Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise Including Visit to Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness Exhibition Centre
- Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise including Urquhart Castle
- Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise Including Urquhart Castle
- Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise and Visit to Urquhart Castle
- Cruise the Caledonian Canal, Sail on Loch Ness and View Urquhart Castle
- Cruise the Caledonian Canal, Sail Loch Ness and View Urquhart Castle