OverviewOriginally, Spinalonga was not an island it was part of the island of Crete. During Venetian occupation the island was carved out of the coast for defense purposes and a fort was built there. During Venetian rule, salt was harvested from salt pans around the island.The island has also been used as a leper colony. Spinalonga has appeared in novels, television series, and a short film.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourStarting From: Agios Nikolaos, Agia Pelagia, Ammoudara, Analipsi, Anissara, Hersonisso, Elounda, Gournes, Gouves, Karteros, Kokkini Xani, Malia, Sissi, Stalida. You will spend this day at the Gulf of Mirabello on the Cretan Riviera. In the morning we will drive to the beautiful village of Elounda. In the harbor of Elounda the boat is waiting for you and the sea trip begins across the blue, shining bay to the Island of Spinalonga.
This former leper colony includes preserved houses and churches, and a strong Venetian influence in the form of a fortress surrounding the village. With houses and churches that are more of less well preserved, see the proof of the Venetian occupation in the form of the fortress surrounding the abandoned village.
Swim in the crystal blue water before enjoying a BBQ lunch. After returning back to Elounda we will drive to the small, charming and touristic town of Agios Nicolaos, with its quaint Harbour and supposedly "bottomless lake".
Inclusions for Spinalonga Island Day Trip
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Spinalonga Island Day Trip
- Entrance fee to Spinalonga (8 euros per adult and 4 euros per child)
- Boat ticket & BBQ lunch at Kolokytha island (14 euros per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.