Spiritual Sunday Walk - Istanbul
OverviewToday Istanbul still represents a very rich mosaic culture and multi-religious communities. On this walk called “Spiritual Sunday Walk,” we focus on the past and the current residents of Istanbul from the perspective of religion and beliefs. From Armenian Gregorian Church to Islamic Mevlevi (Sufi) House, Sephardic Jewish to Ottoman Mosques we will visit a huge variety of temples.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Meet your local guide on Sunday at 10am in front of Galatasaray High School for a 4-hour walking tour of Istanbuls spiritual sites. Follow the footsteps of different communities religious rituals in the Pera neighborhood, where Muslims, Jews, and Christians practiced for centuries.
Discover the multiethnic and religious culture of Istanbul throughout history as you wander the winding streets of Pera, stopping at the Armenian Gregorian Church, a Islamic Sufi house, a Sephardic synagogue, and other sites of religious importance. Following your guide, learn about different religions, beliefs and local religious ceremonies.
The walk concludes downhill in the Karakoy neighborhood. If you are interested, there is the option to view the weekly Whirling Dervish ceremony at the Galata Mevlevihanesi (Sufi house) at 5pm.
Inclusions for Spiritual Sunday Walk
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Spiritual Sunday Walk
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sardis Tour from Izmir with Private Guide
- Istanbul Old City Private Tour - Sultanahmet Tour
- Best of Turkey in 15 Day From Istanbul
- Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise and Lunch
- 5 Days ANZAC Day 2016 The Digger Tour visiting Istanbul and Gallipoli
- Evening Local Food and Wine Tour In Istanbul