OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour walking tour of Split, the second-largest city of Croatia and the largest city of the region of Dalmatia. Explore the streets and alleyways of the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace that have been continuously inhabited since it was built. See sites ranging from the sphinxes that the Romans brought from Egypt to remarkably preserved Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque palaces. Explore the local market and talk a walk along the Riva promenade.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet-up with your guide in central Split and start the tour at the southern entrance to Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace. The palace, built more than 1,700 years ago, is today a world heritage site protected by UNESCO. See the palace's Golden, Iron and Brass Gates, the Perystile, St. Domnius Cathedral, Temple of Jupiter, the substructure (cellars), plus the streets of Cardo and Decumanus.
Outside the palace is the main square, Trg braÄe RadiÄ, once home to a bustling fruit market, the waterfront promenade of Riva, the remains of the Benedictine monastery of St. Eufemia and the statue of Gregory of Nin at tour's end.
On this tour there are no additional fees or entrance tickets. It is highly recommended that you to provide yourself with refreshments (water) before the start of the tour as temperatures in Split are almost always over 30 C during the high season (July and August).
Inclusions for Split City Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Split City Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual.
Places of worship and select museums adhere to a strict dress code. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Tour requires a minimum to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.