Split Day Trip From Dubrovnik
OverviewDiscover the delights of Split on this day trip from Dubrovnik. With an expert guide, traverse the historical citys cobblestone streets and winding walkways during a 1.5-hour walking tour. See premier sights such as Diocletians Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and Republic Square (Prokurative). Then, after a stroll along the Riva promenade, enjoy free time to continue sightseeing independently. Entrance fees not included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your central Dubrovnik hotel in the morning. Then settle into your comfortable seat aboard an air-conditioned vehicle and travel north to Split, roughly three hours away. As you travel, gaze out at the gorgeous coastal scenery and listen to your guide talk about the days itinerary.
On arrival, hop out of your minivan and set off on a walking tour of the coastal city's sights. With your guide leading the way, see the UNESCO-listed Diocletians Palace, a colossal imperial residence in the heart of Split Old Town.
Head inside (own expense) for a stroll around Peristyle Square and to see the Cathedral of St Duje with its magnificent bell tower, as well as the Temple of Jupiter, a beautifully preserved Roman monument. As you wander, hear tales of the extravagant Emperor Diocletian and learn how the palace was featured in the hit HBO TV series Game of Thrones as the city of Meereen.
After touring the palace, continue on to Republic Square (Prokurative), a Mediterranean-style plaza lined with striking neo-Renaissance buildings, and pass by the Ivan Metrovi Gallery. Then, navigate your way through the historical towns narrow passages and hidden streets to Riva, a beautiful promenade that stretches the entire length of Split Old Town.
Following your 1.5-hour walking tour, enjoy around three hours of free time to continue sightseeing independently. When youve worked up an appetite, head to a local restaurant for a traditional Dalmatian lunch (own expense).
When the time comes, meet back up with your guide and group, and then return to your minivan for the drive back to Dubrovnik. During the journey back, stop at a roadside stall to pick up organic mandarins, honey and other local produce to nibble on (own expense).
Your day trip concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Split Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide in Split
- Transport by air-conditionedvehicle
- Split walking tour
Exclusions for Split Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operated by a multi-lingual guide
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.