Split Shore Excursion: Diocletian Palace And Trogir Tour
OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks at Split Port, head out to discover two of Croatias finest UNESCO World Heritage sites on a half-day shore excursion! Visit Diocletian Palace on a morning walking tour, and explore its underground cellars, Peristyle Square and the Cathedral of St Duje. Hear of the flamboyant Roman Emperor Diocletian who commissioned the grand palace as his home, and then visit the historical coastal town of Trogir.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourLeave Splits cruise ship terminal and stroll to Diocletian Palace to meet your guide. Head inside and start discovering the delights of the incredible palatial ruins Splits captivating UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built as a lavish home for the Roman Emperor Diocletian, the palace complex became more akin to a city as more buildings were added to it throughout the ages.
Start with a tour of the cellars to explore its labyrinth of subterranean tunnels, and then head back above ground to visit Peristyle Square. Walk around, soaking up its hustle and bustle and admire the beautiful Cathedral of St Duje named after the citys patron saint. Visit the Temple of Jupiter, and then finish your Diocletian Palace tour at Split Market.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time and board your minibus for a scenic drive along the Dalmatian Coast. After traveling west for just over half an hour, arrive in the town of Trogir, on a coastal inlet just between Croatias mainland and the Island of Ciovo. Once surrounded by city walls, Trogirs historical center has been awarded UNESCO World Heritage status in recognition of its architecture that dates back to Hellenistic times.
On a leisurely paced walking tour, gaze in admiration at the towns pretty Romanesque churches, complemented by Venetian Renaissance and Baroque buildings. Hear tales of Trogirs many different rulers and see the imprint that they left around the town as you walk. Stop to look inside Trogirs undeniable masterpiece beautiful St Lawrence Cathedral. Designed by the famous Romanesque architect Radovan, the cathedral is considered as Dalmatias finest piece of architectural work. Soak up its Romanesque glory, pose for pictures and then return to your minibus.
Travel back along the Dalmatian Cost to Split, and then finish your tour at the start point in the early afternoon.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to Split Port for your ships departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Split Shore Excursion: Diocletian Palace And Trogir Tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entrance fees to Diocletian Palace and the Cathedral of St Lawrence
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Split Shore Excursion: Diocletian Palace And Trogir Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Split Sea Kayaking 3-Hour Tour
- Blue Cave and Five Islands Speedboat Tour with Lunch from Split
- Dubrovnik Small-Group Tour from Split
- Olive Oil Tour of Solta Island
- Split Shore Excursion: Cetina River White-Water Rafting Adventure from Split
- Split Super Saver: Diocletian's Palace Walking Tour plus Small-Group Plitvice Lakes Day Trip