OverviewCombine history and nature on this Split Super Saver, combining two tours at one discounted price. Explore Splits UNESCO-listed Diocletians Palace and see top sites like Peristyle Square and the Cathedral of St Duje. Then, on another day of your vacation, travel to the beautiful Plitvice Lakes National Park, also a UNESCO World Heritage site. With a guide and small group of 15, wander woodland trails, cruise across the lakes, enjoy a panoramic bus or train ride and more.
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourDiocletian’s Palace Walking Tour (1.5 Hours)Meet your guide outside Diocletian's Palace and then head inside to discover its incredible ruins. Now a UNESCO World Heritage site, the palace was originally built as a lavish home for the Roman Emperor Diocletian, but became more like a city in its own right as more buildings were added to it throughout the ages.
Begin with a tour of the cellars, and then head back above ground to visit Peristyle Square. Walk around, soaking up the square’s hustle and bustle, and admire the beautiful Cathedral of St Duje, named after the city’s patron saint. Visit the Temple of Jupiter, too, before finishing your tour in central Split.
Plitvice Lakes Day Trip from Split (12 Hours)Begin with a pickup from your Split hotel (select hotels only), and then travel by air-conditioned vehicle to the UNESCO-listed Plitvice Lakes National Park, renowned for its interwoven turquoise lakes, waterfalls and lush forest.
On arrival, after roughly four hours, set off to explore the surrounding woodland. Admire the towering fir trees and colorful wildflowers that line the pathways, and pass over quaint wooden bridges for sweeping panoramas of the azure-green lakes. While the trails are steep and your 1.5-mile (2.4-km) route takes in some 300 steps, it is well worth it for the excellent vantage points.
Next, treat your legs to a well-earned rest with a ride across one of the lower lakes in an electric boat. Then, back on dry land, continue on foot to the higher lakes. Here, depending on your preferences, crown your hike with a panoramic tour by either bus or electric train.
Finally, enjoy around an hour of free time for lunch (own expense) before journeying back to Split.
Please note: See the Important Info tab for list of hotels that offer pickup and drop-off.
Inclusions for Split Super Saver: Diocletian's Palace Walking Tour Plus Small-Group Plitvice Lakes Day Trip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Plitvice Lakes day trip, selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Entrance fees
- Electric boat ride
- Electric train or bus ride
Exclusions for Split Super Saver: Diocletian's Palace Walking Tour Plus Small-Group Plitvice Lakes Day Trip
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Diocletian's Palace tour)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A strenuous amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Please bring comfortable clothes and shoes
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Please note: The Diocletian's Palace walking tour operates daily, you must contact the local service provider to verify your preferred date; contact details will be listed on your booking voucher
Plitvice Lakes day trip hotel pickup and drop-off available from Hotel President (lica Ante Starčevića 1, 21000), Hotel Radisson Blu (Put Trstenika 19, 21000) and Hotel le Meridien (Grljevačka ulica 2, 21312) in Split
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.