Split Walking Tour
OverviewSee the highlights of historical Split on this 1.5-hour walking tour, led by a professional guide. Start with a stroll along the Riva promenade and then follow your guide along the cobblestone streets and narrow walkways of Split Old Town. Head inside the UNESCO-listed Diocletians Palace and learn about the extravagant Emperor Diocletian as you tour Peristyle Square and other sights within its walls. Then, traverse Republic Square (Prokurative) before returning to the waterfront.
- Led by a local guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the prearranged meeting point along Splits pretty waterfront promenade, known as the Riva. Then, after joining up your guide and group, set off to begin your walking tour of the citys sights.
Stroll to Diocletians Palace, a fortress-like imperial residence at the center of Split Old Town. Once home to thousands, the UNESCO-listed remains include more than 200 buildings. Pay the entrance fee and head inside its white, stone walls to see Peristyle Square, the Cathedral of St Duje and the Roman Temple of Jupiter. As you wander, listen to your guide regale you with tales of the extravagant Emperor Diocletian. Learn, too, how the palace was featured in the hit HBO TV series Game of Thrones as the city of Meereen.
After, continue to Republic Square (Prokurative), a Mediterranean-style plaza lined with striking neo-Renaissance buildings, and pass by the Ivan Metrovi Gallery. Then, navigate your way through the historical towns narrow passages and hidden streets back to Riva, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Split Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Split Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.