Split Walking Tour Including Diocletian's Palace And Traditional Lunch
OverviewUncover Splits rich past and colorful present on this 4-hour walking tour with a local guide. Visit the UNESCO-listed Diocletians Palace and hear about the rags-to-riches emperor who built this awe-inspiring palace. Soak up the atmosphere at the fish market and browse the stalls that have served fresh seafood to the locals for centuries. Then, end your tour with lunch at a local restaurant and feast on Dalmatian delicacies such as prut (smoked ham), washed down with wine. Numbers limited to 12, ensuring a small-group experience. Entrance fees not included.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourMake your own way to Splits main promenade to meet your local guide and begin your 4-hour walking tour. Called the Riva, the promenade stretches the entire length of Split Old Town, boasting magnificent views across the harbor.
Follow your guide to the colossal Diocletians Palace in the heart of historical Split. Built by the Roman emperor Diocletian at the turn of the 4th century, the UNESCO-listed imperial residence covers more than 31,000 square meters (334 square feet) and is a popular local hangout. It was also featured in the hit HBO TV series Game of Thrones as the city of Meereen.
As you walk together with your guide through Peristil Square, the palaces former entry hall, hear fascinating stories about Diocletians rags-to-riches life and learn about the palaces history.
Next, continue to Peskarija, a famous fish market located in Split Old Town. Browse the bustling stalls that have provided fresh seafood to the locals for hundreds of years, and take in the sights, smells and sounds as the local tradespeople peddle their wares.
After youve worked up an appetite, head to a local restaurant for a traditional Dalmatian snack. Feast on delicious air-dried smoked meat such as prut, soft sheeps-milk cheese, octopus salad, anchovies and olives, all washed down with a goblet of wine or a gemit (popular Croatian wine spritzer). As you dine, listen to your guide share intriguing facts and details about Splits past and present.
With your appetite sated, your tour concludes back on the Riva promenade. From here, perhaps ask your guide for recommendations on where to indulge in a post-lunch coffee or sweet treat, or ask for directions to anywhere else you would like to go.
Inclusions for Split Walking Tour Including Diocletian's Palace And Traditional Lunch
- Local guide
- Glass of wine
Exclusions for Split Walking Tour Including Diocletian's Palace And Traditional Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (8 Euros approximately)
- Extra drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please bring modest clothing that covers your knees and shoulders to be able to enter the Cathedrals
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Mega Catamaran Excursion to Bol Including Golden Horn
- Guided Tour: Highlights of Split by Rickshaw
- Private Boat Tour to Blue Lagoon and Solta from Trogir and Split
- Blue Lagoon and Solta Private Boat Tour from Trogir and Split
- Stand Up Paddle Board in Split
- Private Speed Boat Transfer from Split Airport to Hvar
- Private Speedboat Transfer from Split Airport to Hvar
- Private Dubrovnik Day Tour from Split