Srebrenica Massacre And Drina Canyon - Day Tour From SARAJEVO - Dubrovnik
OverviewThe Srebrenica massacre, also known as the Srebrenica genocide was the July 1995 mass murder of more than 8,000 Muslim Bosniaks, mainly men and boys, in and around the town of Srebrenica during the Bosnian War. Drina canyon, place of amazing beauty hides biggest mass grave in this part of the word. In ten to twelve hours, You will be able to understand fall of Yugoslavia and orchestrated massacre of Bosniak men in Srebrenica enclave
Know More about this tourThe starting time is 8:00 a.m. usually in front of Info Bosnia Tourist Information Center located on main pedestrian street Ferhadija, just next to "Sarajevo Meeting of Cultures", but can be arranged from elsewhere, if requested. After a small introduction and giving to our guest complimentary bottles of water and sandwiches with traditional Bosnian sausage (vegetarian food at request) , we can start our journey.
City of Srebrenica is located around two and half hours from the city of Sarajevo. Road takes us through desolate mountainous area with beautiful nature of Eastern Bosnia. While You are able to enjoy scenery we will start our presentation with detailed stories, carefully selected so You are able to understand a complex matter of "The Fall of Yugoslavia" which is crucial for Your understanding of Srebrenica genocide.
Our first stop is in front of battery factory, used by UN forces during the war in Bosnia. In previous headquarters of the Dutch battalion is now located one of the most modern museums in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Museum of Srebrenica Genocide. There we will be meeting the curator and experience first-hand story about the survival in Srebrenica enclave. Museum is equipped with multimedia facilities with selection of movies, that will help You understand events that led to the worst atrocity in Europe since World War II.
From Museum of Srebrenica Genocide, we continue to Memorial room, where You will be able to hear the stories of the victims which were made by a local journalist. Part of the Memorial room is also dedicated to the people responsible for the massacre.
Victims that were found and identified are resting at Memorial cemetery. Now the cemetery counts 6575 victims, but that number rises every year.
Once we visited Potocari Memorial Centre, we continue our journey to the city of Srebrenica. Once the industrial leader in the area, and one of the oldest settlements of people is now a ghost city. Srebrenica is also the location for the lunch, as there are not a lot of restaurants nearby.
From Srebrenica we are continuing towards the artificial lake made by beautiful emerald green river Drina. Drina is also a natural border between Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. While driving towards the lake, You will be able to see a lot of monuments with names carved in marble. Lake Perucac is believed to be the biggest mass grave in this part of the world.
We expect to be in Sarajevo around 8 p.m.
Inclusions for Srebrenica Massacre And Drina Canyon - Day Tour From SARAJEVO
- Driver/Tourist Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Sandwich with traditional Bosnian sausage (vegetarian/vegan food at request)
- Hotel pick-up service (if required by guests who stay out of the Old Town of Sarajevo)
- Hotel drop-off at the end of the tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Srebrenica Massacre And Drina Canyon - Day Tour From SARAJEVO
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Dubrovnik, Orebic or Korcula Town Hotels to Dubrovnik Airport
- Taste of Dalmatia Day Trip from Dubrovnik
- Croatia Elafiti Islands Cruise from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Shore Excursion: Old Town Walking Tour
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Dubrovnik Airport to Dubrovnik, Cavtat, Orebic and Korcula Town Hotels
- Private Departure Transfer: Dubrovnik, Orebic or Korcula Town Hotels to Dubrovnik Port
- Montenegro's Coast Day-Trip from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik: Private Speed Boat Boat tour to the Islands