OverviewJourney back in time to the heyday of the Netherlands' largest — and some say greatest — passenger liner during a tour of the SS 'Rotterdam.' Choose between a 1-hour above-deck tour that includes a visit to the captain's cabin, or a 1-hour below-deck tour that includes a trip to the engine rooms and offers insight into the working life of the steamship’s crew. Alternatively, upgrade to combine the two experiences in an ultimate 1.5-hour above- and below-deck exploration tour.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Fully narrated tour
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourSS Rotterdam Tour: Above-Deck (1 hour)
Meet your local guide on the deck of the SS Rotterdam. Begin your tour with an exploration of the bow and listen to your guide as they share stories about the ship’s history.
Visit the bridge and resist the urge to grab the wheel and start barking orders at your fellow group members as you lay your eyes on the ship’s wheel. Examine the impressive navigational equipment in the chart room, before heading to the stern and upper sports decks for breathtaking views of Rotterdam and beyond.
The highlight of the tour is the visit to the captain’s cabin. Here, enjoy a glimpse of what life was like on this spectacular vessel in bygone days. Be sure to also visit the Experience Center and be transported from Rotterdam to New York in just a few minutes with a short video about the ship’s voyages. Your tour concludes on deck.
SS Rotterdam Tour: Below-Deck (1 hour)
Meet your guide on the SS Rotterdam’s main deck to start your tour. As you descend into the belly of the ship, listen to your guide as they tell interesting stories from the ship’s 41 years of service. Weave your way through the glistening labyrinth of pipes, meters and boilers, and imagine what daily life was like for the ship’s many crew members.
Examine the impressive engine equipment, from the ship stabilizers to the evaporation and boilers holds, before getting to grips with the commanding control panel’s many levers and switches in the radio room. Then, explore replicas of the original passenger rooms and other crew areas. Your tour then finishes back on the main deck.
SS Rotterdam Tour: Above- and Below-Deck (1.5 hours)
Alternatively, you can experience both tours with the 1.5-hour SS Rotterdam above- and below-deck exploration tour.
After your guided tour, perhaps refuel at one of the ship’s restaurants (own expense). In summer, maybe relax in a deck chair and submerge your feet in the pool as you enjoy a drink and bite to eat at Lido. On cooler evenings, head to the Club Room to enjoy gourmet food cooked by top chefs, or perhaps indulge in a cocktail at the wave-shaped Ocean Bar.
Inclusions for SS Rotterdam Exploration Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
Exclusions for SS Rotterdam Exploration Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.