St Andrews Day Trip From Edinburgh
OverviewVenture through the historical Kingdom of Fife on a day trip from Edinburgh and enjoy free time to explore St Andrews, a city shrouded in royal history. After leaving the capital, stop for photos underneath the Forth Bridge, and then travel through Fife and the picturesque East Neuk coastal area. Spend the afternoon at leisure in St Andrews, perhaps visiting St Andrews Cathedral or posing for photos in front of the university where Prince William studied! All entrance fees and meals are at your own expense.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourLeave Edinburgh and travel northwest to South Queensferry for a photo stop underneath the imposing Forth Bridge, one of Scotlands most impressive man-made landmarks. A feat of innovative 19th-century engineering, the bridge was designed to support two railway tracks some 150 feet (46 meters) above the Firth of Forth estuary.
Cross the water and travel further north into the region known as the Kingdom of Fife, an area where peaceful countryside is etched alongside stretches of sandy coastline and fishing villages.We then make a stop in thepicturesque town ofFalkland, used in the filming of Outlander.
After roughly two hours on the road, arrive in St Andrews, the capital of Fife and a city at the forefront of Scottish history. Home to Scotlands oldest university where Prince William famously studied and met Kate Middleton the city is also known for its golfing associations and statuesque architecture. Hear of St Andrews prestige as a world-class golfing destination and get tips from your guide for all the must-see sights. Whilst in St. Andrews you will have a chance to join a free guided walking tour conducted by your tour guide
Hop off your coach and spend the afternoon at leisure, perhaps visiting the ruins of St Andrews Castle or strolling around the citys Greek Orthodox cathedral. If the weather is good, scout out one of the glorious city beaches such as West Sands, or amble around the magnificent St Andrews Botanic Gardens. All entrance fees and meals are at your own expense.
Meet your guide at a prearranged time and, after trying a locally made ice cream (own expense), return to your coach for the journey south. Your day trip then finishes with a drop-off in central Edinburgh.
Inclusions for St Andrews Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Free walking tour of St Andrews conducted by your guide
Exclusions for St Andrews Day Trip From Edinburgh
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Alnwick Castle and the Scottish Borders Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Hadrian's Wall, Roman Britain and the Scottish Borders
- Edinburgh Airport to Edinburgh Hotel Transfers
- 3-Day Budget Isle of Skye and the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Tour in Private Minibus
- Shore Excursion: Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- 2-Day Tour to the Highlands in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh - Islands and the West Coast
- Private Half-Day Tour in a Mini around the City of Edinburgh