St. Catherine Monastery And Mt. Sinai From Tel Aviv With Flights
OverviewAn easy way to see St. Catherines' Monastery and Mount Sinai, with flights from Tel Aviv, Tour the oldest working Monastery in the world, and climb up Mt. Sinai with your professional guide
- Mount Sinai
- St. Catherine’s Monastery
- Eat at a local authentic restaurant
Know More about this tour
Itinerary St. Catherines Monastery and Mt. Sinai with flights from Tel Aviv
St. Catherines' monastery is the oldest monastery that has been contiuously working throughout all the years, since it was built around 548. The mnastery boasts of the largest collection of icons in the world. They also have a huge collection of chalices and mosaic art, that date from the 5th and 6th centuries.
Mt. Sinai is the famous mountain that is said to be where Moses recieved the ten comandments. There are the most amazing views from the top. There are 2 ways to climb Mount Sinai, there is the long route, which takes about two and a half hours on foot, although you can ride a camel up. Then there is the steep route that is more direct. It is call the steps of penitence, and it is in a ravine in back of the monastery.
Evening flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat
Pickup from the Eilat airport and transport to Taba border.
21:30- After crossing the border we will start to drive to Santa. It is about a 3 hour drive.
00:00 -Climb the mountain.
04:30- See the amazing views from the top, with an outstanding sunrise.
08:00- Visit the Monastery & Mount Sinai.
01:30 PM - Lunch in a local authentic restaurant.
03:00 PM - Start going back to Taba (free time on the beach).
07:00 PM - Transport to the border.
07:30 PM - Arrival at border and return to Israel with assistance, and transport back to Eilat.
09:30 PM - Flight back to Tel Aviv. -
Inclusions for St. Catherine Monastery And Mt. Sinai From Tel Aviv With Flights
- Default airport: Sde-Dov, Tel Aviv. (Please be at the airport one hour before the flight.)
- Transfer from Eilat hotels to Taba border and back including our assistance.
- Egyptian English speaking tour guide (More languages are optional).
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
- Entrance fees.
Exclusions for St. Catherine Monastery And Mt. Sinai From Tel Aviv With Flights
- Israel and Jordan border taxes + transport to the border - ($65 collected in cash at border).
- Visa to Egypt - ($50 collected in cash at border).
- Personal insurance.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Day Jordan and Israel Tour: Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Petra Including Flights
- 10-Day Israel Tour Including Petra from Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Private Half Day Tour with Walking Tour
- Premium Off-Road Massada Adventure from Tel Aviv
- Nazareth, Tiberias and the Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Tel Aviv
- Masada and the Dead Sea Day Trip from Tel Aviv