St George Wreck Dive - Punta Cana
OverviewThis tour includes twowreck dives in the Caribbean Sea and lunch at a restaurant in the local fishing village. St.George lies at a variety of depths ranging from 16 to 45 meters. There is good visibility, a lack of strong currents and a high amount of marine life, making it one of the best dive sites in the Caribbean.
- All necessary equipment included
- Hotel pickup included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourThe excellent sea conditions allow folks to dive about 350 days per year and St. Georgeis probably one of the most desirabledive sites in Bayahibe area.
The ship you'll see was built 1962 in Scotland to transport wheat and barley between Norway and America, used for 20 years and then abandoned in Santo Domingo port. It was renamed St George after the hurricane Georges that hit the Dominican Republic in September, 1998. In June 1999 the ship was sunk about 800 meters a half mile off the Viva Dominicus Beach - agreat artificial reef, home to many different fish, even barracudas.
The Atlantic Princess also used to cruise with tourists in the Bayahibe area many years ago. It retired and in Spring 2008, it was intentionally sunk and turned into an artificial reef for scuba divers.
The dives are always exciting, you never know what you can see while diving there.Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
Inclusions for St George Wreck Dive
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for St George Wreck Dive
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.