St Johns River Kayak Experience - Daytona BeachWrite a Review
From USD 129
OverviewThe Saint John's River is the longest river in Florida at 310 miles. Â For it's entire length the river only drops about 30 feet creating a number of lakes and sloughs to explore. Â The launch point for this tour is a pubic boat ramp where you will be able to explore several creeks and hidden cuts during your 4 hour trip. Â Along the way you will stop for a chance toÂ doÂ a little hiking. Â We commonly see numerous birds including the American bald eagle, blue herons, osprey, hawks, egrets, and ibis. Â On occasion a manatee will show up as will alligators, deer, and even otters. Â This is the real Florida, and is a pleasure and welcome respite from the plastic and made-up world of the theme parks. Â Come out and explore!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourYou will meet at the launch point, a public boat ramp (with no facilities) for a quick safety briefing and introduction to paddling. Once on the water you will paddle around a small island and journey up Le Fils Slough. Your first stop, about 45 minutes in, gives you the opportunity to hike up to a small wild citrus grove and enjoy a small snack. Back on the water your guide takes you through a narrow cut back to the main river. Paddling up stream you will pass Iron Bend and come to Hammock Bluff park for another short stop. Depending on the group's decision, you can do some hiking in the park on one of two trails (each about a mile long). After another light snack you will ride the gentle current back to the original launch point. The total length of this paddle is about 8 km (~5 miles). The paddling is easy and suitable for all skill levels including those who have never kayaked before.
Inclusions for St Johns River Kayak Experience
- Local guide
Exclusions for St Johns River Kayak Experience
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All participants must know how to swim.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.