OverviewThis is a narrated walking tour through the oldest above ground Cemetery in New Orleans, St. Louis #1. The tour launches from the rear of Our Lady of Guadalupe church every hour on the hour between 9am-3pm Monday-Saturday and 9am-noon on Sunday. The full tour lasts about 45 min and ends at the door of the Cemetery. We tell you stories of the famous and infamous people buried here and you will learn about burial practices, disease, grand families, Voodoo priestess', Storyville and Jazz. Take all the photos you want as you take a leisurely stroll through New Orleans oldest city of the dead.
- Led by a local guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourMeet-up with your guide in morning or afternoon near Conti Street and North Rampart, just outside the French Quarter, and begin with a brief introduction about the cemetery and history of New Orleans. Take a leisurely stroll through the cemetery while your guide describes burial practices, and points out the tombs of Marie Laveau, Homer Plesssy, and Nicolas Cage and weaves interesting stories about the history of the city as you comb through the city of the dead. Cold water may be purchased near the door of the cemetery.
Inclusions for St Louis Cemetery 1
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for St Louis Cemetery 1
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Cold water may be purchased at the entrance
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.