St Maarten Bird-Watching Tour - Philipsburg
OverviewDuring this small group tour (6 guests maximum) your bird-watching tour guide will show you the best bird watching sites in St. Maarten. You'll see both fresh and salt water ponds, and rocky and sandy coastlines ideal for viewing shore and wading birds. Also land birds endemic to the Lesser Antilles will be seen in trees, shrubs and urban areas. There are migratory birds from Autumn through to Spring.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourStarting next to the cruise ship port in Philipsburg, your knowledgeable birding guide will take you to several saltwater and freshwater ponds for bird watching and will point out special birds on the way. With your complimentary notepad and pen, you can document all of your sightings. There will be a spotting scope available for long distance viewing.
During this tour there's a stop for iced tea or coffee, and a piece of homemade banana bread.
Often guests will see at least 30 species including 6-10 endemic ones. From spring through to fall also migratory birds can be spotted.
Free pick up from hotels in Oyster Pond and Philipsburg. This tour takes 3.5 hours.
Inclusions for St Maarten Bird-Watching Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from Oyster Pond and Philipsburg hotels only)
- Driver/local guide
- Small-group tour
- Bottled water, iced tea and coffee
- Homemade cake
- Notepad with pen
- Use of binoculars
Exclusions for St Maarten Bird-Watching Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Operated by a multi-lingual guide
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.