St Maarten Island Nature And Snorkel Tour - Philipsburg
OverviewThis Sint Maarten and Saint Martin nature, sightseeing and snorkel tour which offers stunning views off the highest peak of the island – Pic Paradis – brings you to a pond for wildlife-watching, offers a short hike and will end with a refreshing guided snorkel in the best bay of the day. Small group tour with a maximum of 6 guests only.
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
- Snorkel gear included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
This tour starts at 8.30 am from a parking lot next to the cruise ship terminal in Philipsburg and takes 4 hours. If you are a cruiser and concerned about the timing, please read below*. Guests staying in Philipsburg and Oyster Pond hotels are picked up for free.
This wonderful nature tour starts off with watching birds at one of the many ponds, the use of great binoculars is included. Expect to see Brown Pelican, Royal Tern, Magnificent Frigate Birds, Bananaquit, egrets and many more. Iguanas can also be spotted during this tour, as well as other smaller lizards.
Next, after a drive from the Dutch to the French side of the island, is a visit to St Martin's highest peak: Pic Paradis. A 20-minute slightly sloping hike will bring you to the first viewpoint with breathtaking vistas of the east side of the island. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you all you want to know about St Martins history, nature and other remarkable info.
After the visit to the peak, we'll go back to the car and stop at another viewpoint for a break with iced tea or coffee and homemade banana bread. From here you can see the west side of St Martin.
The last stop of this half day trip is a beach - at a calm and quiet bay - where youll snorkel with your trained snorkel guide to see some of St Martins colorful underwater life.
When the guide drops you back off at the starting point youll have had a full round-trip tour of St Maarten and St Martin while visiting her beautiful natural highlights.
*FAQ from cruise ship guests concerning timing:
My ship arrives later than 8 am, can I do a tour with you?
Yes, when making a reservation please let us know what time your ship is scheduled to dock. If its later than 8 am we will adjust the starting time of our tour so well be able to accommodate you.
If your ship is docking half an hour prior to our starting time, then you will make it to our meeting point at Dock Maarten. Usually ships arrive at 8 am, so youll be in time for our 8.30 am start. Sometimes ships dont announce very clearly that you can get off the ship, just proceed to the deck where you can disembark and youll see youll be let go.
Then also: dont worry if the ship is not letting you off immediately. We know the ships in port, we know youre on it, youve paid for your tour, so we wait till you get to our meeting point. Well start the tour when you get there, youll still get the full tour even if youre half an hour late.Will the tour be back in time for my cruise ship?
We have returned 100% of our cruise ship guests back to the ship on time. We're in business since 2014.
Inclusions for St Maarten Island Nature And Snorkel Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Philipsburg and Oyster Pond hotels only!)
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for St Maarten Island Nature And Snorkel Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Please advise shoe size and male or female at time of booking, for the snorkel equipment
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Hover Board and Beach
- St Maarten Snorkeling Tour
- Philipsburg Foodie Walking Tour
- Soualiga Sky Explorer and Museum
- Soualiga Sky Explorer and Flying Dutchman
- Soualiga Sky Explorer Flying Dutchman and Schooner Ride
- Soualiga Sky Explorer Flying Dutchman Schooner Ride and Sentry Hill Zip Line
- Soualiga Sky Explorer and Schooner Ride