OverviewDont be a beach bum during your entire Caribbean vacation get out on the water and learn something new with a kitesurfing lesson on Marigot Bay or Simpson Bay Lagoon. In the capable hands of an experienced kitesurfing instructor, youll learn how to lift and steer a kite, how to body drag and, if youre deemed ready, how to stand on the board and let the wind carry you away. Lessons are limited to just two people, ensuring you enjoy personalized attention tailored to your skill level.
Know More about this tourYour kitesurfing lesson starts at a location near Marigot, the capital of the French side of St Martin. Take a quick boat ride out to the kiting spot (either the flat water of Simpson Bay Lagoon or out in Marigot Bay, depending on the wind conditions that day) with your experienced instructor, who will introduce you to the various pieces of equipment that make up this extreme sport, a thrilling activity that gets more popular every year.
After being fitted with a harness, board and kite, begin with the basics! First up is a lesson on how to handle the kite, from getting it in the air to holding on to successfully steering. Then learn the art of body dragging, and hear some safety principles and kitesurfing etiquette.
If you accomplish all that, your instructor may decide youre ready to try an initial run on the board. Dont worry if you dont catch on the first time your instructor is there to tell you what to do better next time and offer plenty of tips.
At the end of your lesson, return to the kitesurfing base, and perhaps reward your hard work with a drink from the onsite bar (own expense). Enjoy the use of your arms while you can they will be sore tomorrow!
Inclusions for St Martin Kitesurfing Lesson
- Professional guide
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Boat ride to lesson location
Exclusions for St Martin Kitesurfing Lesson
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Maximum of 2 people per boooking
The local kitesurfing school is an accredited International Kitesurfing Organization center
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.