St Petersburg Metro Station Tour - Saint Petersburg
OverviewDiscover St Petersburgs underground art scene on a 1.5-hour tour of its palatial-looking metro stations! Led by a local guide who is passionate about the citys art and history, the tour includes visits to the must-see stations around town: Ploshchad Vosstaniya, Avtovo, Kirovskiy Zavod and Admiralteyskaya. See bas-relief carvings, learn about Soviet Union history and visit one of the worlds deepest underground stations.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourStart your tour at Nevsky Prospect in St Petersburg, and then head below ground to explore the citys metro stations. Whereas most European city metros are dark, gloomy and have little to write home about, the same cant be said in St Petersburg, where stations were designed as palaces for the people.
As you walk through the underground tunnels, learn about the Soviet Union in its heyday and marvel at the artwork and architecture that epitomized the regimes power and prosperity. Travel by metro to Ploshchad Vosstaniya at Uprising Square and admire its incredible bas-relief carvings (sculptures carved on a flat surface) of revolutionary events featuring leaders like Lenin and Stalin.
Visit Avtovo, the station that many consider an underground palace with its marble columns, gold mosaics and sculptures of soldiers carved into a palatial entranceway. See more intriguing bas-reliefs at Kirovskiy Zavod, a station named after the nearby Kirov industrial plant, and then continue to Admiralteyskaya one of the deepest underground stations in the world at a depth of 282 feet (86 meters).
After exploring the underground artwork of St Petersburg, return to Nevsky Prospect, where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for St Petersburg Metro Station Tour
- Metro ticket
- Professional guide
Exclusions for St Petersburg Metro Station Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: St Petersburg Walking Tour
- Gifts or Fashion Shopping with a Local in St.Petersburg
- Shore Excursion: Visa-Free 2 Day All Highlights Tour in Small Group
- St Petersburg Private Tour of St Isaac Cathedral and Yusupov Palace
- St.Petersburg Imperial Residences: Tour of Catherine Palace and Peterhoff Gardens
- Private Shore-Excursion: 1-Day Fully Flexible St Petersburg Tour