Meet your guide in the hotel lobby in the morning, take your seat in a private a/c car or minivan and take off to the city center to explore the sights of St Petersburg at an easy pace.
Day 1 (8 hours):
- Meeting in the hotel lobby
- City Tour of St Petersburg. You will see Nevsky Prospect, Kazan Cathedral, Alexander Nevsky Lavra, Smolny Cathedral, the building of Mariinsky Theatre (former Kirov theatre), St Nicolas Cathedral and other sights.
- Excursion to the General Staff Building, see the collection of impressionists on display, works of Van Gogh, Czanne, Gauguin, Matisse, and others.
- Time for lunch (own expense)
- Visit the State Russian Museum to see the best pieces of Russian fine art: from first Russian icons to the avant-garde of the previous century. The collections include not only paintings, but also folk art masterpieces, decorative art, and applied art, with artwork by famous Russian masters.
- Tour to the Faberge Museum (with audioguide), see the fabulous collection, including the largest collection of Faberge Eggs to be found anywhere in the world. The best jewelers of the time worked 15 to 17 hours a day for a whole year to create a single egg.
- Hotel drop off
Day 2 (7 hours):
- Meeting in the hotel lobby, transfer to the city of Pavlovsk
- Tour of the Park and Palace of Pavlovsk. The Palace will surprise you with the atmosphere of elegance and abundance of genuine authentic family belongings saved during World War II. Having finished the excursion of the palace, enjoy a walk in the magnificent park of Pavlovsk.
- Return to St Petersburg, time for lunch (own expense)
- Visit to Dostoyevsky Memorial Museum, the former apartment of the famous Russian writer, the author of the famous Crime and Punishment. In this small cozy museum, you will find many of his personal belongings and will learn about his life and his creations. You can choose a sightseeing boat tour instead if you prefer.
- Hotel drop off
The order of the sightseeing may change depending on days of the week, museum opening hours, and traffic. Please note, that boat ride is not available from November to the middle of April.