On this tour you will visit the highest and largest one-dome construction in St. Petersburg and Russia, St. Isaac's Cathedral. You will climb the 43 meter high Colonnade and enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view over St. Petersburg. Built in 1848, this Cathedral is one of the iconic monuments of the city, and its golden dome dominates the skyline of St. Petersburg. Later continue your tour in Yusupov Palace, the former residence of Russian nobles, the Yusupovs. Admire the palace's variety of architectural styles and its surroundings of the Moika River, and learn of the famous demise of Rasputin on its grounds.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThis tour will begin in the lobby of your hotel, from where your private guide will take you to St Isaac Cathedral by taxi. Your private guide will be accompanying you throughout the duration of this tour. Enjoy complimentary city maps, bottles of water, rain coats (in case of any rain) and farewell gifts.
This tour presents the itemized history of development of 2 of the most wonderful & well-known sights in St. Petersburg. Visit the famous St. Isaac's Cathedral, one of the finest architectural monuments of the XIX century and an integral part of St. Petersburg’s magnificent skyline, the former principal cathedral of the Russian capital has a capacity to accommodate 10,000 people. The cathedral is graced with 112 solid granite columns weighing up to 114 tons each and about 400 reliefs and bronze sculptures. The observation platform on the colonnade provides a magnificent view of the city. Long before this lavishly decorated building was opened to the public in 1848, St. Isaacs' already had a most unusual history. Explore the cathedral with your own personal, informative guide and enjoy your unforgettable visit.
A short time later, you will keep on investigating the city with your guide taking you to visit Yusupov Palace. The palace was built in 1770, became the residence of the Yusupov family in 1820, and remained the richest aristocratic house of Russia until the October Revolution of 1917.
The Yusupov Palace is also famous for being host to one of the most dramatic episodes in history of Russia: the assassination of Grigory Rasputin, the scandalous favorite of Empress Alexandra, wife of Nicolas II. Rasputin was murdered in one of the cell rooms in December 1916, and his death is almost more mysterious than his life had been. Now the cellar of the Yusupov Palace hosts an exhibition dedicated to Rasputin featuring documents and wax figures, and making one feel the effect of events on Russian history.
Please note: Visit to Rasputin death scene display may be organized upon availability (not guaranteed). because it should be confirmed by museum administration.
Inclusions for St Petersburg Private Tour Of St Isaac Cathedral And Yusupov Palace
- Express pass entry to Yusupov Palace and St. Isaac Cathedral + Colonade
- Professional private guide service
- Transportaion to the museum by taxi
- Hotel pick-up
- Bottles of water
- Rain coats (in case of raining)
- City maps
- Farewell gift
Exclusions for St Petersburg Private Tour Of St Isaac Cathedral And Yusupov Palace
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Transportation (car) during the tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: this tour is not suitable for cruise passengers as it does not offer port pickup and drop-off or the required blanket visas
If you want to start this tour at a preferable time, please mention this info when making your reservation
You might also like
- Private St Petersburg Hermitage Tour: Skip-the-Line Tour
- 3 Hour Walking Tour Of Saint Petersburg's Feodor Dostoyevsky
- Trip To Saint-Petersburg 5 Days And 4 Nights
- Souvenir Shopping With City Tour Of Saint Petersburg
- St Petersburg In A Day: Private City Tour, Hermitage Museum And Church Of The Savior On Spilled Blood
- St Petersburg Custom Chauffeured Day Tour
- St.Petersburg 1 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- St.Petersburg 2 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- St Petersburg 3 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- 3-Day St Petersburg Experience With Round Trip Transfers