St. Petersburg Private Tour: State Russian Museum - Saint Petersburg
OverviewThe Russian State Museum in St. Petersburg is the largest national museum in the world. It houses almost 400,000 works of art and covers the periods of ancient icons all the way up to the avant-garde. Visit the biggest museum of Russian art in Russia! The oldest painting of its collection dates back to the 11th century.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe tour starts off with you being greeted in your hotel lobby. Enjoy the city's scenery while being driven to the Russian Museum. A private guide will accompany you throughout the duration of the tour. You will also be provided with free compliments such as city maps, chocolate snack, rain coats (in case of rain) and farewell gifts.
The museum building belonged to Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich, son of Paul I. In the end of the 19th century Alexander III bought the museum building from his relatives to establish a museum of Russian art. Alexander III is considered the founder of the museum because the idea belonged to him, although the museum was open only after the death of the Emperor.
During this tour you will see masterpieces by the most famous and talented Russian artists, such as Levitsky, Borovikovsky, Petrov-Vodkin, Brullov, Bruni, Vrubel, Aivazovsky, Shishkin, Malevich, Savrasov, Repin, Levitan, Serov, Rerikh, and will enjoy the interiors of Mikhailovsky Palace which still retain their original look.
Inclusions for St. Petersburg Private Tour: State Russian Museum
- Entrance tickets
- Professional private guide service
- Transfer to the museum by car
- Hotel pick-up
- City maps
- Farewell gift
- Rain coats (in case of raining)
- Chocolate snack
Exclusions for St. Petersburg Private Tour: State Russian Museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.