OverviewThis Night Kayak Tour is the best way to experience St Thomas’ rich pirate history. Paddle through the winding waterways of the Mangrove Lagoon at night and hear spooky pirate and ghost stories. Enjoy the starlit sky and the dark mangroves as you look for stingrays, tarpon, and other marine life with lights below your kayak.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- See the sights illuminated at night
- See the underwater world without getting wet
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourOn this tour you’ll go back to time when pirates and ghosts still roamed the island as you paddle through the winding waterways of the Mangrove Lagoon at night, illuminated by the moon. It begins at the Marina at the Mangrove Lagoon where you will board your 2-person sit-on-top kayaks, outfitted with life jackets.
From there you will follow your guide through the winding mangrove waterways while the sun begins to dip toward the horizon. Keep your eyes out for flocks of birds returning to nest in their roosts as the sun sets. During several stops along the way you will learn about the Virgin Islands’ dark past when pirates ruled the waterways and pillaged the shores. Hear spine-shivering stories of the area’s most famous characters including Blackbeard, Bluebeard, and Teach.
Look up to see the star-filled sky and keep your eyes peeled for stingrays jumping above the water. While passing the eerie, deserted Cas Cay, be sure not to pick up any spirit hitchhikers. As you cruise back to the Mangrove Lagoon peer into the water to spot some local aquatic life highlighted by the glowing lights of your kayak. This unique tour is not to be missed.
Inclusions for St Thomas Night Kayak Tour
- Professional guide
- Use of kayak and equipment
- Life jackets
Exclusions for St Thomas Night Kayak Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 8 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.