St Thomas Sea Turtle Snorkel Adventure Tour
OverviewDon't miss this unique experience to snorkel with sea turtles! Avoid the crowded tours - we provide a guide for every six guests and keep the tours small so that you will get excellent service! This half-day excursion will take you to a beautiful beach with your choice of kayaking to a small island (no passport required) or arrive by a short boat ride and take a walk to a bay where you are guaranteed to encounter multiple sea turtles.This 4-hour guided tour includes lunch at a beach-front restaurant, photos, hotel/cruise ship pickup and drop off, cold bottled water and a snack.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourExperience the best of the Caribbean as you go swimming with sea turtles in a calm, protected bay and take a break at a top-rated white-sandy beach. This 4-hour guided tour includes photos, all gear and instruction, bottled water, a snack and lunch at a beach-side restaurant with menu options including sandwiches, salads, fish tacos, and burgers (gluten free and vegetarian options available). A guide will provide snorkel instruction and be in the water with you to ensure you see multiple turtles and capture great underwater photos.
You may choose a guided walk or experience an exciting paddle on a sit-on-top kayak. Both choices bring you to a bay abundant in sea turtles for a guided snorkeland lunch overlooking a beautifulbeach.Guides take out small groups, so you will not snorkel in a crowded area. Most tours have 2-6 people; however, large groups can be accommodated too (on a private basis).
If you select a "walking and snorkel tour" option,your guide will join you on a short ferry boat ride. Upon arrival at the landing, join your guide along a pavedpath to the beach. During the 10-15 minutes easy/moderate walk, you will learn about the history of the Virgin Islands and native flowers and plants you'll see along the way. Your guide will get photos of you at an overlook with incredible views below.
If you select a "kayak and snorkel" option, your guide will provide a kayak lesson and lead you on a fun paddle to the little island off the coast of St. Thomas. First-time kayakers and snorkelers are welcome!
With either option, your next stop isa beautiful beach whereyou will have an opportunity to have a snack (provided by your guide). The white, sandy beach has restroom facilities and complimentary chaise lounge chairs.
After your beak, your guide will provide a snorkel lesson and familiarize you with the provided snorkel gear. You'll come from the beach and into calm, clear waters. If it's your first time snorkeling, your guide give further assistance when you are in the water to help with snorkel techniques. Next, you'll be led to swim with sea turtles in their natural habitat. Watch the turtles graze on the sea beds and get the opportunity to experience a close-up view when the turtles come up for air right next to you. Guests have seen multiple sea turtles on every tour, so it's not a matter of if, but when you see these amazing creatures up close! Your guide will be in the water with you, pointing out and giving knowledge about the marine life you will see.
If you would like pickup and drop-off at your cruise ship or hotel, select your choice of transportation option of the tour.
Kayaking distance is approximately 1.5 miles each way (average time is 45 minutes including time for 3 breaks). It is possible for some of your group choose the kayaking and some to come by boat - all will arrive at the same location for snorkeling, beach time, and lunch.
Inclusions for St Thomas Sea Turtle Snorkel Adventure Tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (if this option is selected)
- Lunch, snack and beverages
- Professional guide
- Kayaking tour or boat ride
- Use of snorkel equipment
Exclusions for St Thomas Sea Turtle Snorkel Adventure Tour
- Gratuities (suggested)
- This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers who arrive on ships that are anchored with tender service.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Monday-Saturday: Minimum 2 guests per booking. Sunday only: Minimum four guests. If the tour does not meet the minimum number of guests, it can be subject to cancellation.
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time and cell phone number
Not recommended for participants with back/wrist/shoulder problems (kayakers), heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved (if boat option is selected)
This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers who arrive on ships that are anchored with tender service.
Kayakers only: Maximum participant weight for an individual is 225 pounds. Maximum weight for for tandem (double kayak) is 425 pounds (total for both participants). Minimum age is 13.
Please note that a 15% gratuity is due on the day of the tour in cash for groups of 5 or more
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour