Stanley Park Bike Tour - Vancouver
OverviewCycle away from the urban noise and disappear into the woods on this 3-hour bike tour of stanley park. Explore the sights at a relaxed pace: First Nations totem poles in Brockton Point, Lost Lagoon, and the unexpected oasis of Third Beach, among others. Look out for bald eagles, and pedal the paved Seawall path for beautiful city and mountain scenery. Along the way, learn about Vancouver’s historical roots in the logging industry and the park’s rich ecosystems from an expert guide. This small-group tour capped at 12 people is sure to please riders of all experience levels.
Know More about this tourHead to a bike rental shop in downtown Vancouver to begin your 3-hour exploration of Stanley Park, a temperate rain forest spanning 1,000 acres (405 hectares). Youll get fixed up with a bike, helmet and lock during a safety briefing. Nature lovers and biking enthusiasts of all skill levels will enjoy this tour covering nearly 6 miles on bicycle-friendly city lanes and park trails.
When youre ready, follow your guides lead into Stanley Park, bounded on three sides by the water. Cruise along the parks perimeter Seawall, a paved bicycle path that affords stunning views of Vancouvers skyline, the North Shore mountains and Burrard Inlet. There will be enough stops to snap pics, and learn about the city's beginnings as a logging town.
Check out the Lost Lagoon, a former tidal flat transformed into a bio-filtration marsh. Hear about the critters, including bald eagles, herons and river otters, that call the area home. There are 15 bald eagle nests in the park; keep your eyes peeled for these majestic birds soaring overhead.
You also get the chance to admire the Brockton Point totem poles, the most-visited monuments in British Columbia. The artistry, unique to the First Nations, provides fascinating insight into the history and culture of the area.
For more nature, venture off into forests of Douglas fir and discover a rain forest, a salmon stream and Beaver Lake. In the center of the park, look up at a 700-year-old cedar tree, a living example of what first attracted explorers to this part of the New World.
Wrap up the tour with some quiet time over at Third Beach, a secluded stretch of sand surrounded by trees at Ferguson Point, before pedaling back to the bike rental shop to return your gear.
Inclusions for Stanley Park Bike Tour
- Professional guide
- Use of bike, helmet and lock
Exclusions for Stanley Park Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- E-Bike Upgrade (an E-bike can be selected in-store for an additional charge of $25+tax)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
For tours in the winter, spring and fall (Oct May), we recommend wearing layers and gloves, as the weather can be unpredictable (rain ponchos available for use if needed); for tours in the summer, we recommend wearing shorts, T-shirts, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses
Tour runs rain or shine; however, if it is raining 2 hours prior to your tour, you can choose to cancel your tour for a full refund, or reschedule for a later date
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Day Trip from Vancouver to Whistler
- Private Tour: Vancouver 3-Hour City Highlights Tour
- Vancouver Urban Hike Tour
- Vancouver Shore Excursion: Small-Group Gourmet Lunch Tour
- Fraser Valley Private Wine Tour and Bistro Lunch
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal