Starosel Thracian Temple And Hisarya Spa Resort - Private Day Tour From Plovdiv
OverviewNear Starosel village discover the largest Thracian temple-tomb from 4-5 centuries B.C. belonging to a Thracian ruler. Visit the peaceful spa resort town Hisarya, famous for its hot mineral springs, significant Roman remains, green parks and swimming pools.
Know More about this tour
In August 2000, a sensational discovery occurred near the village of Starosel, in central Bulgaria. Archaeologists found the enormous temple of what is believed to be a Thracian ruler, possibly Sitalkes I, the first king of a combined Thracian empire. The Starosel Thracian Temple is the largest discovered so far dating back from the 4-5 centuries B.C. This impressive site is also known as the Starosel Thracian cult complex because several tombs were found around the central temple.
First explore the temple and two tombs near Starosel then continue to Hisarya (population: 7000 people) - a small resort town famous for its hot mineral springs. Located in the outskirts of the Sredna Gora mountain range at 346 m. a. s. l., it boasts of a very mild climate and over two dozen mineral springs, which make it a favorite spa destination for many Bulgarian and foreign tourists. Hisarya is one of the 3 international spa resorts in Bulgaria, notorious for its significant Roman remains as well. These ruins are visible everywhere - public buildings, a small amphitheatre, the barracks of the Roman garrison, the foundations of a couple of the oldest churches in Bulgaria, as well as the best-preserved Roman fortress in Bulgaria. The southern fortress gate is known as "The Camels", because it had broken in the middle and looked like two camels facing each other, before it was partially restored in the early 20th century.
In Hisarya go on a lovely walk in the town's green parks among mineral hot springs, fountains and Roman ruins. Optionally visit the local historical museum as well. If the weather allows it one can spend some time in the warm mineral waters of the town's outdoor public swimming pool.
Trip duration: 5-6 hours
Inclusions for Starosel Thracian Temple And Hisarya Spa Resort - Private Day Tour From Plovdiv
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Starosel Thracian Temple And Hisarya Spa Resort - Private Day Tour From Plovdiv
- Entrance fees: Starosel Thracian temple (1,50 EUR), Hisarya museum (0,50 EUR)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.