Stockholm Archipelago Sailing Adventure
OverviewSail around Stockholms spectacular archipelago by yacht on this full-day sailing adventure! As you cruise, try sailing the yacht yourself under the watchful eye of the skipper, and become one of the crew by helping to handle the vessel. Stop at a picture-postcard island to swim or explore, and enjoy a delicious lunch on board during your voyage. With expert guidance from the start and all the equipment you need supplied, you don't need any prior sailing experience to take the helm or assist the crew: just lots of enthusiasm!
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tourMake your own way by ferry or bus from central Stockholm to Vaxholm, a pretty coastal town edging the stunning Stockholm Archipelago. Meet your skipper for the day at the ferry port at 9.30am.
Receive a safety briefing and watch as the crew navigates the yacht into the archipelago! Europes largest archipelago is a lovely collection of 30,000 natural islands and skerries that are crying out to be explored. As you cruise, youll soon understand how legends have emerged about the islands fairies and elves, and why parts of the archipelago are nominated for UNESCO World Heritage and National Park status.
Glide narrow straits lined with 19th-century houses and traverse bigger bays to reach more remote islands. Many are uninhabited yet accessible for landing, giving your yacht the freedom to roam anywhere!
Refuel with a traditional fika of coffee and snacks, and assist the crew in handling the vessel. Then, take the helm guided by the professionals around you! Pick up the basics of navigation and hear about the history and wildlife of the archipelago from your skipper.
Later, your yacht will stop at a picturesque island where you can go ashore and explore, swim in the freshwaters, and then enjoy a tasty lunch prepared on board, accompanied by refreshing drinks.
Continue sailing after lunch and return to Vaxholm at around 6pm, where your sailing adventure ends. Return to Stockholm straightaway, enjoy dinner in Vaxholm (own expense) and return later, or perhaps hop on the classic steamboat dinner cruise that sails from Vaxholm back to the capital (own expense).
Inclusions for Stockholm Archipelago Sailing Adventure
- 8-hour sailing experience aboard a modern yacht
- Supervision from a professional yachting crew
- Use of an inflatable life jacket and sailing equipment
- Rain gear (if needed)
- Lunch and drinks
- Coffee and snacks
Exclusions for Stockholm Archipelago Sailing Adventure
- Ferry/Transportation to/from VaxholmHarbour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
In case of changeable weather, it is recommended you bring an extra set of clothes
Bring warm outerwear, a swimsuit, a towel, sensible footwear, sunglasses and sunscreen
Children must be at least 12 years old to join the tour
This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests to operate, in the event that number is not reached you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
Maximum weight: 150 kg
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Stockholm Archipelago Kayaking and Camping Tour
- Sea Kayak Tour With Lunch In Stockholm Archipelago
- Stockholm Archipelago Seal Safari
- 2-Day Kayaking Tour in the Archipelago of Stockholm
- Evening Kayak Tour in Stockholm City
- Birka the Viking City - Boat and Walking Tour
- Sdermalm Bike Tour
- Stockholm Super Saver: Gamla Stan Walking Tour plus Modern Stockholm Walking Tour