Eat your way around Stockholm on this 4-hour walking tour with a local guide! Explore Stockholm and Gamla Stan (Old Town), and learn about the evolution of Swedish cuisine, from the days when smoked reindeer and elk were everyday staples to its contemporary cuisine. Treat your tastebuds at the cityâÂÂs oldest market, ÃÂstermalms Saluhall, and let them loose on ultra-rich hot chocolate, scrumptious seafood and your own 'fika' âÂÂ SwedenâÂÂs favorite coffee and sweet treat combo.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your guide outside Östermalms Saluhall, Stockholm’s oldest food market. Many of its family-run food businesses have passed down through the generations, and the market’s interior remains little changed from centuries ago, with its woodcarvings still intact.
Sample some tasty modern versions of traditional Swedish meatballs that are healthier than their counterparts, and then walk through Stureplan, Stockholm’s most exclusive square, to discover a part of the city often missed by visitors.
Continue to Kungsgatan and dive into K25, an edgy, urban food court beloved by young locals. Sample some of the scrumptious seafood delicacies on offer here, washed down with a glass of white wine.
Next comes Chokladfabriken, one of Stockholm’s favorite chocolate cafés. Try its popular hot chocolate made from 65% cocoa, dark Venezuela Criollo beans and cardamom. One sip and you’ll see why the locals rave about it!
Continue to Hötorgshallen market to explore its tempting stalls, piled high with fresh produce and Swedish delicacies. Follow your guide to the P&B Delikatesser stand to sample a range of homemade products, such as cloudberry jam, chocolate-coated liquorice and natural truffles.
Next, visit Husmans Deli to try its prize-winning artisan cheeses before heading for cured meat specialists, Fagel & Vilt. Swedes love cured game and have a particular penchant for smoked reindeer and elk salami. Try an assortment of the flavor-packed meats accompanied by the strong Swedish beer, Norrlands Guld, and some mouth-watering seasonal fruit from Lisbeth Janson Frukt & Grönt.
From here, stroll to Gamla Stan (Old Town), admiring the colorful houses lining its cobbled lanes as you walk. After visiting a candy store to try a scrumptious Swedish candy stick, enjoy your final tasting at Under Kastajen, a popular purveyor of traditional breads. Dunk a kanelbullar (cinnamon roll) in your coffee here to enjoy your very own fika — the much-loved national ritual of a coffee break combined with a sweet treat!
Your tour comes to an end after your fika when you say goodbye to your guide.
Inclusions for Stockholm Food Tour
- Professional guide
- Food tastings and free samples
- Glass of water
- Glass of wine
Exclusions for Stockholm Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please let us know while booking if you are a vegetarian of have food allergies. Once the tour has begun we cannot change the tastings.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.