OverviewThis atmospheric and mystical town is the cultural and historical heart of Zanzibar. It was constructed from coral stone during the 19th and 20th century. It was declared a World Heritage Site in 2000. Get to know the town, see historical sites and architecture, visit local market place, visit the old slave market memorial and church, visit the old sultan’s palace, get a tasty local lunch and do shopping with the help from your guide!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide either at your hotel or a central location to begin your walking tour of Stone Town, a lively place where you’ll find a mixture of Arabic, African, Indian, and European cultures. As you walk through the labyrinth of streets too narrow for vehicles, see mosques, churches, and temples side by side.
While you walk, your guide takes you on a historical and cultural journey past sights such as Darajani Bazaar, the House of Wonders (Beit-el-Ajaib), and the Old Fort (Ngome Kongwe). The included visits on your tour are to the Anglican Cathedral built on the site of the Old Slave Market and the Sultan’s Palace (Beit al-Sahel), also known as the People's Palace and today a museum. During the tour, listen to your professional guide's commentary on Stone Town, its history, and Swahili culture.
Inclusions for Stone Town Guided Tour In Zanzibar
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Pickup from hotels located in Stone Town
Exclusions for Stone Town Guided Tour In Zanzibar
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transfer from other parts of the island (tour starts in Stone Town)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.