From USD 100.88
OverviewSpend a morning at Stonehenge followed by an afternoon in Bath on this must-do day trip from London! After exploring the megalithic stone circle and its contemporary visitor center (open since December 2013) independently, travel to the nearby city of Bath to learn about its spa heritage. Admire sights such as Pulteney Bridge and the Royal Crescent on a walking tour, and then enjoy free time to ogle the Georgian architecture and visit the Jane Austen Visitor Centre and the Roman Baths alongside other attractions, if you wish.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourLeave London Victoria by coach, and travel west out of the city to the Salisbury Plains. Your days first destination is Stonehenge, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed stone circle that resonates with intrigue. Believed to be around 5,000 years old, the ancient monument was built from rare Welsh stone at a time when transporting such cumbersome material would have been near impossible.
The stones are roped off from the crowds for preservation, but a footpath around the outside of the circle lends itself to clear and close-up views. Read about Stonehenge on boards dotted around the footpath, and pose for photos in front of the megalithic stones. After walking around, head inside the state-of-the-art visitor center and browse an exhibition of some 250 prehistoric objects as well as other exciting information about the site.
Return to your coach at the prearranged time, and then relax on the 1-hour journey to Bath, an elegant West Country city that owes its name and fame to its historical hot springs, and was the setting of two Jane Austen novels. Learn about Baths heritage as a spa resort on a walking tour, and admire its Georgian architecture, resplendent in the local caramel-hued stone.
Pop in your state-of-the-art VOX headphones and listen to your guide talking about each site. If you want to wander aside and take photos of any attractions, you wont miss any of the commentary! Highlights of your 1-hour tour include Pulteney Bridge and the Royal Crescent home to an impressive parade of Georgian town houses.
Upgrade your ticket to include a visit to the Roman Baths, or just enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps stopping at the Jane Austen Visitor Centre (own expense). Celebrating one of the citys most famous residents, the Jane Austen Visitor Centre provides a snapshot of life during the Regency period. Discover how living in this beautiful city affected Austens writing and soak up the authentic atmosphere as you explore the exhibits and mingle with in-costume guides.
Meet back up with your guide at the prearranged time, and then travel back to London Victoria where your day trip finishes.
Inclusions for Stonehenge And Bath Day Trip From London Including Entry To Stonehenge And Afternoon In Bath
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Stonehenge
- Entrance to the Roman Baths, if option selected
- Walking tour of Bath
- VOX headphones
Exclusions for Stonehenge And Bath Day Trip From London Including Entry To Stonehenge And Afternoon In Bath
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to attractions, unless mentioned
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.