Murder, mayhem, and Marie Antoinette—dive into to the heart of the French Revolution by visiting rare, never-before-seen addresses that transport you to Paris’ most tumultuous days. Learn about a bloodthirsty cast of characters, while exploring the streets and cafés where they plotted the destruction of the nobility. Unearth secret areas like the alley where the guillotine was invented, the location of an infamous assassination, and a secret crypt—normally closed to the public—to see skeletal remains of the Revolution’s victims with your own eyes!
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Your trip through the dramatic days of the French Revolution begins at Saint-Sulpice Church. Admire its beauty inside and out, discovering hidden details as you learn about the early days of the Parisian uprising. This is the start of an informative and picturesque stroll through the Saint-Germain-des-Prés neighborhood of Paris.
Visit the oldest cafe in Paris—established in 1686—to see the very rooms where the Revolutionaries planned their attacks. Characters like Danton, Robespierre, and Marat will come into the picture, each with their own violent personalities and murderous strategies. See the alleyway where the guillotine was invented and tested, and hear facts and stories about it from your guide. A café stop is also part of itinerary so you can soak up some Left Bank ambience like a true local.
Other historical landmarks on your tour include the site of the September Massacres—a particularly bloody period that saw the height of Revolutionary brutality. Learn about King Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette, including the night they tried to escape Paris, and hear about those fateful moments when the backs of their necks met the 'National Razor.'
Inclusions for Stories And Secrets Of The French Revolution - 3-Hour Walking Tour
- English-speaking expert guide
- A coffee break in an authentic French café
- Small-group tour (no more than 10 participants)
Exclusions for Stories And Secrets Of The French Revolution - 3-Hour Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Transport is wheelchair accessible, however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited that may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.