SU NURAXI BARUMINI Unesco World Heritage Site
OverviewVisit Su Nuraxi in Barumini: the most famous "nuraghe" of the island, made up of several stone towers interconnected that form a special type of defensive structure dates back 3500 years. Explore the Nuragic village, where you will find different kind of huts, ancient grain mills, ovens, water tanks, spa environment. Enjoy the beautiful landscape that surrounds the archaeological complex, that ranges from winding and fertile hills to lush highland home to a unique little horse breed named Cavallini della Giara.
Know More about this tour
Your private tourist guide will pick you up at the scheduled time by his comfortable minivan. During the 45 minutes route to Barumini, it will be tell you about the main features of the island and the landscape we will see from the car's windows. Once arrived, we will visit the imposing nuraghe "Su Nuraxi" and its village: an Archaeological complex whose most ancient traces are date back to around the 1500 b.c. We will begin from the village, where you will see various types of housing structures, the round ones, with a central courtyard, that go back to the nuragic period, and the rectangular ones, that belong to the punic-roman period. Noteworthy are a central court house with a spa environment perhaps home to a domestic cult, and the big meeting hut. Then, we will enter the real nuraghe, that can be reached by an iron ladder which leads to a tiny entry, placed at 7 metres of height. There we will visit the central tower, called mastio, that originally measured 20 metres in height, and the 4 side towers. The whole of the 5 towers makes a housing complex that, for its grandeur, reminds us of a medieval castle. After the visit to su Nuraxi, you will be taken to the place where your excursion began. The tour can also be enriched by choosing one of the different available options.
Inclusions for SU NURAXI BARUMINI Unesco World Heritage Site
- Driver guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from Cagliari. Pick-up from holiday resort in the province such as Villasimius, Costa Rei, Pula, Chia, is possible by paying a surcharge for the transport of 100 at the time of tour check-in.
- Private tour
Exclusions for SU NURAXI BARUMINI Unesco World Heritage Site
- Entrance fees to Su Nuraxi ( 11 per person)
- Pick-up and drop-off ONLY IF from holiday resort outside Cagliari, such as Villasimius, Costa Rei, Pula, Chia
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Local, professional and friendly tourist guide
A small amount of walking is involved
Tour not recommended for people with mobility difficulties
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Maximum 6 people per group
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.