Subterranean Seattle Walking History Tour
OverviewGo underground on a 1-hour walking history tour through Seattle's original neighborhood, Pioneer Square. Join a guide and small group below street level to see Seattle as it existed in the 1890s. Explore underground pathways that were built more than 120 years ago, learning details on early Seattle history, why these spaces were built, and how they have been used (and misused) over the years. Marvel at how this once Indian encampment has since transformed into one of the 20 largest cities in the United States.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Your tour begins at 102 Cherry Street, just off 1st Avenue in Pioneer Square. Here, you'll greet your guide before delving into the depths of underground Seattle and and its history during a subterranean walk through the citys original neighborhood, Pioneer Square.
Your guide regalesyou with stories of Seattles past, from its role in the Klondike Gold Rush to the notorious Skid Row, once Pioneer Squares main hub. Wander among darkened passageways, occasionally popping up to street level, as you traverse approximately three blocks and cover more than a century of history.
Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes: this 1-hour tour includes six flights of single-story stairs as well as a variety of surfaces, many of them uneven.
Your tour concludes at Occidental Park, around 3 blocks from the start point.
Inclusions for Subterranean Seattle Walking History Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Subterranean Seattle Walking History Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wenatchee Class 2 River Rafting
- Wenatchee River Family Float trip
- Sauk River Whitewater Rafting (Class 3-4)
- 7-Day Small Group Tour: Canadian Rockies and National Parks
- Seaplane Tour from Friday Harbor
- Pacific Northwest Peaks & Pours
- Upper Skagit Introductory Whitewater Rafting Trip
- City of Seattle Tour - Waterfront Highlights