Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight From Cairns
OverviewThere is no more spectacular way to start your day than with a dawn Balloon flight over the picturesque Atherton Tablelands. As the sun rises thegiant Balloons glide gently over the bushland and farms dotting the Mareeba Valleyallowing you to spotawakening wildlife such as kangaroos and wallabies. Your highly skilled pilots will give you an insight into the surrounding region and the fascinating world of ballooning before returning you to your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Scenic air tour
Know More about this tour
If there was ever a good reason to get out of bed early then a balloon flight as the sun rises is it!
Your tourwill begin with an early morning pick up by the friendlycrew from your Cairns or Northern Beaches accommodation. Following a briefing of what the morning will entail, settle back for a snooze as you're driven toward the Atherton Tablelands approximately one hour away. On arrival to the township of Mareeba, make a quick comfort stop before heading to the launch site, here you will see the spectacular display of the giant balloons being inflated as the flames shoot out into the pre-dawn darkness filling the balloons with hot air.
The crew will issue you with either a 1st or 2nd flight boarding pass before assisting the 1st flight passengers into the very safe and sturdy balloon basket. As the balloon gently lifts off the ground you will get an ever expanding view of the surrounding area as you gradually float higher - the path the balloons fly changes every day depending on the prevailing winds so you could be flying over farmland, rivers, dams or the town itself.
It's not unusual to spot a variety of animals during your flight from kangaroos to cockatoos and the photo opportunities are endless. Your pilot will give you a commentary on thevarious landmarks below you and will be happy to answer any ballooning related questions you may have.
At the end of your 30 minute flight you will gently land and disembark the basket before re-boarding the bus allowing passengers on the 2nd flight to board the basket for their 30 minute flight. When you're not flying you get to enjoy the experience of a balloon chase where you are literally chasing the balloon onthe maze of roads that make upthe valley.
At the completion of all flights, passengers are encouraged to join in the fun of deflating the giant balloons before rolling them up andpacking them onto the trailers. You'll have the opportunity to purchase in-flight digital photos and your pilot will present you with a souvenir flight certificate before returning you to your accommodation or drop off point for another tour.
Inclusions for Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight From Cairns
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 30-minute hot air balloon flight
- Souvenir flight certificate
Exclusions for Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight From Cairns
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
It is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority requirement that all passengers must be able to climb in and out of the balloon basket unaided and stand unaided for the duration of the flight
Minimum age is 4 years
Contact mobile number is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum of 12 hours is required between diving and flying
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Atherton Tablelands Tour from Cairns
- Cairns Combo: Trinity Inlet Jet Boating and Kuranda Rainforest Night Adventure Tour
- Great Barrier Reef Luxury Snorkel and Dive Cruise from Cairns
- Hot Air Ballooning Tour from Cairns
- Kuranda Riverboat Sightseeing Cruise
- Green Island Day Trip by Scenic Helicopter and Cruise