OverviewJoin our half day tour to Cape Sounion and experience a breathtaking sunset at the unique temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas in ancient times.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourOur tour starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Rivera. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands). Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a sparkling glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Glass of wine
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games