Take a small-group guided dolphin kayak tour along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay at sunset to combine gorgeous visuals with epic dolphin experiences. Little or no experience is necessary to use Chesapean’s sit-on-top kayaks to explore the coastal waters of Virginia Beach and get closer to wild dolphins than you have ever been before. Guides will help you launch and navigate along the coast for 2-hrs while you relax and enjoy a magnificent view of the sun setting over the Bay.
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Led by a local guide
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Small-group tour
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tour
Meet your guides on the beach at the Main Entrance to First Landing State Park ready for one of Virginia Beach's most unique experiences. After a short briefing on safety and kayak operation, your guides will help launch you and your kayak into the Chesapeake Bay where you will enjoy the thrill of kayaking with Atlantic Bottle nose Dolphins off the Shoreline of Virginia Beach while also witnessing a magnificent sunset.
Since 1996, We have been offering guided kayak dolphin watching trips to see these amazing creatures during their summer migration off the coast of Virginia. The Sunset Tour combines dolphin watching with a sightseeing tour of landmarks such as The Cape Henry Lighthouses and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. On our Sunset Dolphin Kayak Tour you will likely see dolphins and numerous birds as we paddle along historic Cape Henry in Virginia Beach. Along the way you will also see local landmarks such as the Cape Henry Lighthouses and Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel get lit up by the evening sun as it sinks beyond the horizon of the Bay.
Then we will head back to the beach to culminate our amazing day!
Inclusions for Sunset Dolphin Kayak Tours
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Sunset Dolphin Kayak Tours
- Entrance fees: Customers are required to pay the parking fee for First Landing State Park ($4 per vehicle weekdays and $5 per vehicle weekends and holidays)
- Gratuities (Optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Operates in a variety of weather conditions; please dress appropriately for your tour date's weather forecast
For customers whose weight exceeds 250 lbs, please call us directly before booking to speak with a representative
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.