Sunset Tour: Cape Sounion Private Half Day Tour From Athens
OverviewAdmire the famous sunset of the Cape Sounion in the best possible way and enjoy the services of your expert guide on this private tour to the Temple of poseidon, the God of the Seas in classical mythology
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourBegin your Sounion tour with a wonderful drive along theAthens Rivera. During this relaxing ride youll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic Coblex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza.
As you approach Cape Sounion, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. At Cape Sounion where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was hugely important to the Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that.
After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this sitewe will waitto admireone of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a sparkling glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Sunset Tour: Cape Sounion Private Half Day Tour From Athens
- Entrance fees
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Sunset Tour: Cape Sounion Private Half Day Tour From Athens
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
The departure time of the tour depends from seasonality and the sunset time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athenian Metro, connect the dots, Discover the City Under the City
- Athens Sunrise Cruise
- Athens Airport Shuttle Service to or from Athens Center
- Self Guided Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- The Acropolis Museum and the Parthenon through the years self-guided mobile tour
- Private Best of Athens Full-Day Tour with Transportation
- Guided Sightseeing Shore Excursion Tour of Athens