Surf Lessons In Tamarindo
OverviewLearn how to surf with Tamarindo's #1 Surf School since 1989. All skill levels welcome. We are located directly in front of a beach break and we are Tamarindo’s original surf shop! We are highly experience, havinge taught over 100,000 surf lessons in the 25 years we have been operating. All of our staff members are friendly, bilingual and very experienced professionals. Over half of our staff has been with us for over 10 years! We cater specifically to each and every customer’s needs and it is our goal to have every customer leave 100% satisfied and we put a huge emphasis on safety. We are a fully insured company with properly trained instructors in water and surf safety, CPR and First Aid.
- Special Offer
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Get inside tips from a local
- Popular choice with kids
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourOnce you arrive to Iguana Surf Shop you will be greeted by Christian, Anthony or Lindsey who will get you all signed in for you lesson, give you a lock for your locker to store your personal items and send you back to put everything away and come back to the front to meet your surf instructor and to get geared up with your rashguard (surf shirt).
Your instructor will then explain that everyone is going to head to the beach and show you the proper way to carry your surfboard. Once you get to the beach your instructor will begin with a 20 minute basic introduction to surfing focusing on safety, surfing etiquette and then explain the 1, 2, 3 step popup process. He will then help you practice this pop up technique while still on the sand until he feels you are comfortable and ready to head into the water and put everything you just learned to use.
Your instructor will be with you the entire time in the water providing positive feedback and instruction to help you improve your surfing skill level. After about 1 hour and 40 minutes in the water, it will be time to return to the shop, shower off and check out some of your surfing pictures that are available for purchase if you would like. After you take a lesson with us we offer a special discount (50% off) all board rentals for the rest of your vacation! Pura Vida!
Inclusions for Surf Lessons In Tamarindo
- 2-hour lesson
- Rash guard (Surf Shirt)
- Soft-Top surf board
- Professional bilingual instructor
- Use of changing rooms
Exclusions for Surf Lessons In Tamarindo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 10 are Required to Book a Semi-Private Lesson for safety reasons and to ensure a more one-on-one attention
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Note: Please contact the phone number on your voucher to advise your chosen lesson time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mountain and Beach Small-Group Half-Day Quad Tour from Samara
- Sky Walk Tour with Hanging Bridges and Nature Preserve
- Isla Chora Kayak and Snorkeling Tour from Samara
- Night Turtle Nesting Tour from Tamarindo
- pinilla canopy tour
- Private Tamarindo UTV Mountain Tour
- Tamarindo UTV and Snorkeling Tour
- Five-Day BEACHFRONT Spanish Immersion Group Classes in Smara